Graphics Cards

giuliam
Newcomer

Problem with Radeon R8 M535DX

My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 320-15abr

Ram 8 gb

Integrated graphic card Radeon R5 Graphics

Other graphic card Radeon R8 M535DX

The problem is that it lags terribly when I watch films and also when I play videogames it lags a bit even if it shouldn't because the games are old and I don't set the graphics to the maximum quality.

Also, when I use the task manager it shows two graphic cards, but they are both R5. I think the lag is due to the fact that games and films run on the integrated card instead of the R8 but I don't know how to fix this problem. I already tried updating the drivers but it didn't solve anything.

What should I do?

0 Likes
3 Replies
melizios
Journeyman III

similar problem, mine is Acer E5-553G-F79R

0 Likes

That information can be changed if you go to the Radeon Configuration and from the main page on the bottom left there's "preferences". Seleft "additional configurations".

In that page selefting high performance will assign the dedicated graphic card, the energy saver will select the weeker graphic card.

There are nevertheless some apps that show up with a lock that i still didnt figured how to unlock to select the graphic usage.

For exemple VLC that i use to play media doesnt allow to select the dedicated graphic...

0 Likes

Theres no more additional setting (catalyst)

0 Likes