Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kayakos
Adept I

Problem with my RX 6600 XT Nitro+ and it's weird behavior

Hello everyone,

I got a RX 6600 XT and everything is fine wit it, until my PC went into the power saving mode. It's not always the case, so I can't replicate it, but here's whats happening: After I wake up my PC from power saving it restarts, but my second display doesn't work anymore, the HDMI port is dead. No other HDMI cable or display works unless I install the Radeon Drivers back. I tried to start the drivers manually and this happend:

Radeon Software Warning:

The version of AMD Radeon Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver.

Please check your system for other versions of Radeon Software that may currently be installed. A factory reset of your Radeon Software installation is recommended. More information [...]

In the device-manager my GPU wasn't active. There's something cursed here... Is there something wrong with my card or ist it something with windows itself?

Sorry for the probably bad english!

My System:

Board: ASRock B450 Steel Legend

BIOS Version: 4.20

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RX 6600 XT

RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz

PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 750w

0 Likes
1 Solution
jSoad
Adept II

I have exact same issue as you, but mine is a PowerColor Red Devil 6600xt.
Every time my pc goes into power saving mode and the display receives the "no signal" message, my pc reboots.
It was fine with my RX 570, this only happens with the 6600xt. I already tested the card in another PC and the same thing happens, so i'm pretty sure that the card is the problem here.

Setting the "Turn off display after" to Never in Windows power settings worked for me and i get no reboots. Hoping this is just a Driver problem and will be fixed soon.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

What Windows OS and build version number, and have a look in 'Windows reliability history monitor' to see if windows update installed a different driver ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

@goodplay wrote:

What Windows OS and build version number, and have a look in 'Windows reliability history monitor' to see if windows update installed a different driver ?

I couldn't reply, it was always marked as spam...

My OS and build number is: Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Build 19043.1237

I can't find something that Windows update installed new graphic drivers. But there are serveral hardware issues, since I installed my new RX 6600 XT. 

It's someting about a Hardware Issue: LiveKernelEvent and the codes are 144, 1b0, 193, 141.

0 Likes

My OS and build number is: Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Build 19043.1237

I can't find something that Windows update installed new graphic drivers. But there are serveral hardware issues, since I installed my new RX 6600 XT. Livekernelevents. 

0 Likes
jSoad
Adept II

I have exact same issue as you, but mine is a PowerColor Red Devil 6600xt.
Every time my pc goes into power saving mode and the display receives the "no signal" message, my pc reboots.
It was fine with my RX 570, this only happens with the 6600xt. I already tested the card in another PC and the same thing happens, so i'm pretty sure that the card is the problem here.

Setting the "Turn off display after" to Never in Windows power settings worked for me and i get no reboots. Hoping this is just a Driver problem and will be fixed soon.