cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

smrcekpavel
Journeyman III

Problem with graphics card Radeon PULSE RX 5500 XT 8G OC, 8GB GDDR6

I have a problem installing Radeon PULSE RX 5500 XT 8G OC, 8GB GDDR6 graphics card. After installing the card on the motherboard and starting Windows, karat is not detected after installing the drivers. After the drivers are installed, Windows freezes and cannot be started. The computer must be reset. A blue error message or Windows repair screen appears. The manager then states that there is a problem with the graphics card, but it is not visible what. I tried a clean installation of Windows with updates and nothing. I've tried everything but nothing works. It worked for me for a week and then stopped. In the AIDA program it writes to me on one sensor that it has over 100 ° C, but the graphics card is cold. When I put an old graphics card into my computer, it normally loads and Windows detects it. I don't know what to do about it, can anyone advise me?

The computer is:
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse 8GB GDDR6

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboards: MSI B450-A Pro (MS-7B86)
Chipset: AMD B450, AMD Taishan, AMD K17 IMC
Memory: Patriot Viper 4 Series DDR4 16GB

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Verze: 10.0.18363.628 (Win10 19H2 [1909] November 2019 Update)

1 Reply
ranakade
Journeyman III

I have the exact same card with the exact same problem.
Follow these in order (Part A > Part B > Part C):
Part A:
1. Go into safe mode with Networking on your computer
2. Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) From WagnardSoft
3. Put that on a USB

Part B:
1. After that's done, while still in Safe Mode with Networking, In the Cortana Search Bar, type in "Device Manager"
2. Expand the Display Adapter list in the Device Manager window.
3. Uninstall the driver that says "RX 5500 XT" under Display Adapters

Part C: Display Drive Uninstaller (DDU)
1. Plug in your USB if you haven't already with DDU on it.
2. Extract the contents if you haven't yet (into a folder, if it automatically gives you one, just click "next" or "extract")
3. Open DDU, on the top right corner, there are two dropdown boxes. Select "AMD" for the "--select device type", and "GPU" in "--select device--".
4. Select Options and make sure to checkmark the box that says "Prevent Downloads of Drivers from "Windows Update" when "Windows" search for a driver for the device"
5. Click Save on the bottom right.
6. Then on the top left click "Clean and Restart (Highly Recommended)"
7. DDU will uninstall everything AMD GPU related and then restart Windows.
8. After that, it should boot into normal mode flawlessly.

**Dear Moderators**
Can you please let the department in charge of the GPUs know that RX 5500 XT still needs to be fixed?
Every latest Adrenalin driver is only focusing on RX 5700 XT
There have been no updates whatsoever related to the RX 5500 XT at all for the past 6 months.
Please bring this up with whoever is in charge of patching the Adrenalin Drivers for the RX 5000 Series.
Thanks!

0 Likes