cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

triumphfips
Journeyman III

Problem with 7900 XTX

Hello, today I updated my system with a 7900 XTX (Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX GAMING) and since then I've had a problem with jerky YouTube videos.
The video freezes for 1-3 seconds, but the sound continues.
I can also move the mouse during this without it freezing.

The mouse movements on the desktop also feel a bit notchy.

My system consists of an MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, Ryzen 7 5800x and 32GB G.Skill RAM.
The GPU is connected with a riser cable (Cable Mod CM-VPB-HDK-R Kit).
The GPU is connected to the monitor (Samsung Odyssey G7A 4k 144hz) with a DP cable.
I updated from an MSI 2070 Super Gaming X Trio.

I installed the latest driver 22.12.1 via AMD software.
Running Windows 10 pro 22H2 Build 19045.2364.
Bios is on the latest version from MSI 7C37vAI.
CSM mode is disabled.

3 Replies
CaTaPulT
Adept II

Try turning off "Hardware Acceleration" in your browser and see if that helps. If it does, then chances are it's a AMD driver issue, they had problems with the 6000 series cards also, I just leave "Hardware Acceleration" off and YT works fine. I'm using Vivaldi browser (Chromium based) with a 5400x / 6900xt. 
What mine does is while watching a YT video in HD, I'll get a screen hiccup and it drops out of HD, I have to click the YT gear and choose my higher resolution again, this doesn't happen when I have "Hardware acceleration" off.

0 Likes
gambit2k
Adept II

Two months on and this is still an issue with the latest 23.2.1 driver, I have to turn HW acceleration off in Brave, Edge and Chrome for the mousemovement not to be choppy, general stuttering as soon as I do anything in the Browser. With 23.1.1 the issue was not present, it came with 23.1.2.

0 Likes
nebula1701
Journeyman III

I'm experiencing the same issue. 

0 Likes