Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Problem on LM Prepar3d after AMD driver 17.11.1

Jump to solution

Hello... I m using the RX480 GPU and I have problem.

I m playng LM Prepar3dv3 and until the 17.11.1 driver everithing was fine. After that driver I have that problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFXrHHzqoX4.

As you can see the lights of the apron flikering... The only solution is to go back the driver on the 17.11.1 vertion but I don' t want that...  Can you help me?? I s there any other solution?  (sorry for my Englese)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Problem on LM Prepar3d after AMD driver 17.11.1

Jump to solution

No I don't have the flickering color issue in the cockpit. I only have the flickering NAV and Strobe lights and contrails of AI aircraft, the same you have at the beginning of your post.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

And the problem remains after 17.12.2 driver instalation....2017 12 20 11 38 - YouTube

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

The same problem after 18.1.1 driver...  I think NVIDIA is coming

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Same problem here, with the Sapphire R9 390 Nitro and all drivers after 17.10.2. I'm using the newer version of Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D, version 4, but it also has the same problem. Sticking with 17.10.2 for the time being. Would nice to get a response from the AMD team on this, because I like to keep my video drivers updated and even though the majority of the flight sim community uses Nvidia, I really don't want to switch.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

The issue you're having may very well be related to mine as well....

Texture corruption with drivers higher than 17.10.2

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes it's a similar issue. Contrails and lights seem to be affected and at night at an aiport it's like some sort of lightning show with all those lights blinking various weird and square textures at the tip of the wings of AI aircraft. Would be nice to get a proper response from AMD on this...

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

They are according to the response from their support guy in my thread aware of the issue. Best shoot them a problem report as well linking to this thread.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Are you seeing the flickering in the cockpit as well while in full-screen when moving the mouse cursor around panel switches? Like in the video?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

No I don't have the flickering color issue in the cockpit. I only have the flickering NAV and Strobe lights and contrails of AI aircraft, the same you have at the beginning of your post.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Well this has not been solved yet actually, I just reported my own observations, still no response from AMD on this...

0 Kudos