Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

marcoschaap
Adept II

Powercolor RX6900 XT and HP Reverb (G1& G2) problems

Hi,

I've also posted this on the HP Support forum: 

I have a BSOD problem with my G2 upon connecting the DP cable to the GPU my system instantly freezes and after that shows a BSOD with Stop Code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. To rule out a headset problem I tried my dad's G1, with that headset the system doesn't crash but both the screens stay black.

Ultimately I fired up my old Dell Visor WMR and it worked. Curious fact is that the Visor has a HDMI plug and the G1 & G2 obviously only feature DP plugs. Both the G1 and the G2 worked perfectly on my 2080Ti. Could this be a similar driver issue as what AMD had fixed for the 6800 (XT) in the current driver?

System Specs:

AMD 5800XT

MSI X570 Tomahawk

Powercolor 6900XT Red Devil

32GB G.Skill F4-3600C15 @ XMP speed

Came from a 2080Ti which had no problems running the G2. After switching GPU's I ultimately even re-installed my W10 to ensure no "left-overs" would interfere with the G2. If I install the AMD GPU driver while keeping the G2 plugged in (i kept it plugged in during the whole W10 installation and first few Windows Update cycles) the driver installer flashes the screen briefly and after that the system reboots.

If I unplug the DP cable of the headset while installing the AMD GPU driver the installation finishes successfully, however as soon as I plug in the DP cable a BSOD appears with stop code MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I'm utterly disappointed because I already sold my 2080Ti...

0 Likes
37 Replies