cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PowerColor Red Dragon RX 6600 XT no display, won't boot into BIOS, LED LIGTHS ON

just bought this card to replace my gtx 1070, my psu is 600 w. card will turn led lights on but no display image or booting. any ideas? thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have the same videocard red devil 6600xt and i had same problem.I changed slot pcie on motherboard,no boot,other card rx570 boot without problem.

Changed psu seasonic snow silent,no boot,bios reset,enable/disable sam(with other videocard0,no boot with 6600xt.

After 2 day struggle,when i was ready to return videocard,i read on internet from someone to try 2 separate cable from psu,even this card consume only 160W TDP.

From monday im trouble free,benchmark,game,boot every time.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Computer information would be helpful.

Do you have the GPU card 8 Pin PCIe Power cable connected from the PSU to the GPU Card?

What Motherboard Trouble LED's are lit when you power up the computer and have no video output nor boot up?

It is possible the computer is booting up by looking at your Computer Case HDD LED light. If you turn on power and you see the HDD LED light flickering or solid then the computer is booting up but without any Video output.

When you mentioned it doesn't boot up does that mean the computer shuts down immediately or all the Motherboard lights and fans are working including the CPU fan are running but without any video output?

Since you can't enter BIOS since you have no video output try connecting your TV set or some other monitor and see if you get video output or not.

0 Likes

computer boots up, ssd's, dvd, cpu etc even gpu led on but no display output or image and yes 8 pin connector plug as well. when i put back my old gtx 1070 everything works fine. actually im quite good with computers (worked as it technician years ago) the only reason im here to get some help its because i dont have spare parts or a pc to test this new card. 

my pc specs: i8500, 16gb ram, asrock MB 365, 1 hd 4.5 tb, 1x ssd  500 gb, 1x ssd 128 gb,1x mvm2  1 tb, psu 600w corsair, gpu rx660 xt or gtx 1070

0 Likes

Ah, I understand.

When I upgraded my computer from a Non-Ryzen PC to a Ryzen PC I also didn't have any video output. My Asus Motherboard Trouble VGA LED would light up. Unfortunately my Computer case HDD LED wasn't working at the time but I did get BEEPs indicating VGA issue at booting up. So after a couple days of trying everything to get video output on my 4K LG Monitor I took my GPU Card (Asus GTX 1070) to a computer shop that checked it out by installing it on a motherboard.  Immediately at the computer shop he had video output. So then I took my entire Computer case to the same computer shop and I was amazed to see that it booted up with Video output. So I knew the issue was with my monitor.

So I went home and connected my GPU card to my Samsung TV and had video output. In BIOS I changed the BIOS setting from UEFI mode to CSM Mode. Immediately I had video output on my 4K LG Monitor.

This is not the same in your case since your Nvidia GPU card works fines while booting up.

I assume you have tried other GPU video outputs to see if you get video to your monitor during the boot process?

Try installing the 6600XT on a family or friends computer and see if you get the same results. If you do I would open a Support Ticket with PowerColor and see if they believe you need to RMA the GPU Card for testing.

EDIT: Reread you last post and you mentioned you don't have a PC to test out the new GPU card. In that case I would ask PowerColor Support and see what they recommend.

Even though you probably haven't installed AMD Graphics driver you should still get Video Output from your GPU card during the booting up process.

0 Likes

well the only choice is to sent gpu to ebuyer uk. i already open a ticket for a refund.

0 Likes

The videocard is ok,please try 2 separate cable from psu.

my psu only have one cable

0 Likes

I have the same videocard red devil 6600xt and i had same problem.I changed slot pcie on motherboard,no boot,other card rx570 boot without problem.

Changed psu seasonic snow silent,no boot,bios reset,enable/disable sam(with other videocard0,no boot with 6600xt.

After 2 day struggle,when i was ready to return videocard,i read on internet from someone to try 2 separate cable from psu,even this card consume only 160W TDP.

From monday im trouble free,benchmark,game,boot every time.

well i thought i had just one 8 pin cable but have two so i did that plug them two and guess what? it works lol 

THANKS EVERYBODY 234340484_254774869826513_7379361674166658652_n.jpg237216493_4137437676378451_5725803228101411409_n.jpg

I suggest you mention this to PowerColor Support since this is the second known case where a daisy-chained PSU to GPU Power connections doesn't work.

I have heard the same thing concerning the AMD Vega GPU cards in the past but this is the first time I hear about it for a Non-Vega GPU card.

Anyways, Kudos to @one123 for finding the solution to your issue.

0 Likes

I have the same problem and its problem from AMD drivers 100% im waiting to they fix it

0 Likes

Its not driver problem,because no signal before operation system load.

I think its a combination pcb design(power draw)+bios from powercolor.

0 Likes

My model is not powercolor, is 100% problem of drivers

0 Likes

Reset Your BIOS and try booting again.

0 Likes

Its sorted. Only have to connect 6 and 8 pin power cable on 160 w gpu

0 Likes

I try and dint work im wating to AMD fix it

0 Likes

This thread is a huge glimmer of hope for me. I have a samsung tv and a Gigabyte G1 RX 480 8GB and I tend to clean reinstall windows twice a year. Every time the last several years I have been trying to solve this. It makes it impossible to turn off CSM. Everytime I do I get no video signal at boot, yet the computer is obviously just going about its day. Well not so obvious until recently. I found my HDD led was wired backwards (polarity) so now I can see there is a pulse. I also borrowed a monitor from a friend and what I used to think were no post situations were landing in the windows installer front page. I spent hours trying everything I could think of to boot into the UEFI USB install drive with CSM off. Hours. It actually was booting into the installer it's just not making a picture.  If you turn on the PC with the HDMI pulled you can plug it in after the desktop loads and get an image. Not exactly practical. I'm going to try this 2 power cable business and  will report back!

0 Likes

If I may ask can you elaborate how to do that? [try to separate cable from psu]

Sorry I didn't catch the idea there. I too was experiencing the same problems for almost 6 months now. -_-

0 Likes
Kaizar
Journeyman III

Ok, this happened to me 5 days ago after installing the new drivers... I tried everything, bios update, another pc, changed the power supply to 850w, unplugged everything, flashed the GPU, prayer to God, fresh windows install, talked to gigabyte, DDU, even bought another gpu... What fixed my card was stupid... I used the rubber/ eraser on the end of a pencil to clean the pins on the GPU.... And it bloody worked!!! No one suggested cleaning the pins properly!!!!! I don't know what caused it. I haven't taken the GPU out since I installed it in 2021 FFS.