cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

npma225
Adept I

PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT no display, won't boot into BIOS

I will try to keep this brief. I recently purchased a PowerColor Red Dragon 5700 XT from Micro Center. The card was DOA so i RMA'd it, but the replacement card is exhibiting the exact same issues and I'm wondering if it's something on my end. I've tried just about every troubleshooting step that I've found to no avail. Upon installing the 5700 XT and powering on, the CPU turns on and seems to function normally, but the USB peripherals fail to light up and the GPU fans just spin intermittently. My PC does not even boot into the BIOS, there is simply no display signal at all. Sometimes the PC will go into a power loop, shutting off and turning back on 3-4 times until maintaining power to the CPU and nothing else. If I leave it running, the GPU starts to run really hot. My system runs completely fine with my old GPU though (RX 480.) 

I suspect it may have something to do with my MoBo UEFI and/or CSM settings or the GPU drivers, but I really have no idea. I took it to a local computer repair store, who told me that they weren't getting any signal from it as well, but I'm still not entirely sure because PowerColor verified the functionality of this GPU before sending it to me. I've no reason to believe that my system fried the GPU both times. Is there any way that some part of my system is causing this failure to even POST? Or did PowerColor just send me another dead card? 

My specs for reference: 

Ryzen 3700x

ASUS Tuf Gaming B450m Plus

PnY RAM 2 x 8GB 3200hz

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB

Corsair CXM Gray 650W (PCIE cables NOT daisy chained)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Let me know if I need to post any more information

0 Likes
22 Replies