Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dawheeler
Journeyman III

PowerColor Red Dragon RX 5700 XT crashing

Hello,

I purchased a PowerColor RX 5700 XT Red Dragon, 10 days ago. From the very first time, I had issues. During gameplay it crashes randomly, after 2-20 minutes (APEX, CoD: Warzone). It is very strange that the crash appears only during gameplay and when I try to over/underclock but not during benchmarks like 3D Mark or in any other load/stress test. Green screen appears for a second and the computer restarts itself. The problem almost immediately appears if I press alt-tab during game. After the first crash, the next one will almost immediately occurs after I start the game.
What I tried so far: 
  • Clean windows install (Window 10, up to date)
  • AMD chipset and Ryzen Master install
  • Bios update
  • Checked that PCI Express is in version 3
  • Tried multiple AMD drivers (even the popular most stable ones)
  • Tried to undervolt
  • There is nothing useful in event log
My configuration: 
Power supply: Chieftec Smart Series 700W - GPS700A8
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aerous Elite B450
CPU: Ryzen 3600
Memory: 2*8GB DDR4
Any suggestion is appreciated. 
5 Replies
ignas31
Journeyman III

Hi. I have exactly same GPU and same problem, I thought it was something wrong with my MB but how I see it’s not. I been trying to do everything. No idea how to fix it. 100% faulty gpu

0 Likes

if the GPU was broken, it wouldn't work, I have the same card and it's ok

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

hi, what is the amd driver version? and did you uninstall it by the DDU program before installing it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgsPONqA3TI

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rsx-install

0 Likes
iiodaa
Journeyman III

I had constant crashes until i tried using 2 separate power cables to the gpu from PSU. After that i have not had any crashes. Before that i tried fiddling with undervolting and trying out different drivers. 

It works for me so try it out.

0 Likes
Hounddk
Journeyman III

Same problem, tried changing drivers, Win10, mobo, cpu, ram, psu, ssd, hdd at no avail, but changing the PSU to a red devil 5700xt fixed it 100%. 

The card is still under warranty, but due to the current shortages my dealer advised that I wait as long as possible to RMA it. Normal turnaround is 3-5 weeks, currently its more like 4-8 weeks and most cards doesn't get repaired (or replaced) but rather reimbursed. That would be useless since a similar card will cost be double if I can find it anywhere.

Currently I have down-clocked the card to 1890Mhz, and the last 3-4 days I haven't had any crashes. My MW Warzone 1440p performance is down approx. 20 FPS, but at least I can play the game at around 100 FPS.

Might work for you...

0 Likes