cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Rekun
Journeyman III

PowerColor 6800xt crashing on my pc

So i bought a new 6800xt, and im having some troubles, when playing games, sometimes even loading it, my screen gets black and loses connection, my motherboard errors leds turn on on the cpu and the pc gets totally freezed, i have to turn it off by removing the power cable or turning off the psu. it has something to do with the new gpu since using my older one everything works like a charm. the gpu is not faulty, since i tried it on my girlfriends pc and everything worked perfectly (also used my PSu since hers was only 600w).

Not sure if there is some kind of incompatibility in my system:

Motherboard: Msi x470 gaming plus

Gpu: 6800xt Power Color Red Dragon

Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: x2 8GB corsair vengance 3000 

ssd m2 nvme corsair

PSU: Cooler Master 750w (80 plusBronze)

my girlfriedns pc:

Motherboard: gigabyte b850m d2v

Gpu: 6800xt Power Color Red Dragon (Mine)

Cpu: intel i3 8300

RAM: x2 8GB corsair vengance 3000 

ssd sanddisk 500 gb

PSU: Cooler Master 750w (80 plusBronze)(Mine)

0 crashes on her pc, i tried updating my bios, chipset, windows, amd drivers, doing a clean windows installation...

im totally lost, i was about to rma it when i tried on her computer and everything went ok

0 Likes
1 Reply
B_snow777
Journeyman III

I have a red devil, 6800xt with a 750w PSU. I'm upgrading to 1000w. The power color website recommended minimum of 850w. I'm guessing the reason its crashing on your is because all your compenents have a bigger power draw than all of your girlfriend's. 

Her CPU and other parts pull less wattage compared to ur huskier 3600 and other parts. Upgrade ur PSU and I'm sure you'll be fine. I'll post tonight if the fox with a bigger PSU worked. Hope this helps.  I'd put money that that's your issue though. 

0 Likes