Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sac522
Journeyman III

Powercolor 5700 XT - Restarting PC randomly - mostly when gaming

Hi everyone,

I mostly play league and sometimes some high graphic demanding games like (AC Valhalla or Warzone) and I frequently experience crashes where my PC will restart. It'll go black and go into the reboot phase. I know this is a common issue, but I have not been able to find a fix for it. I have updated my drivers to the most recent version (Radeon 21.6 .1). I have also attached the event viewer in case some of you know what the Event ID means. I'm not the most computer savvy person, so any help is appreciated.

My current setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-15

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16

Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME & Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Devil

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 550 W 80+ Platinum Certified

Estimated Wattage: 459W

sac522_3-1625425620235.png

sac522_4-1625425679222.png

Any solutions might be appreciated. If you need me to run some diagnostics or share my information, please let me know. I don't want to upgrade my GPU if not necessary. Thanks in advance everyone

0 Likes
4 Replies
EncodedOsprey
Journeyman III

Upgrade your power supply. You’re running almost 400 watts just from your processor and gpu. Your power supply doesn’t have enough power to run all of that. Especially if you’re over clocking what so ever. 

If you’re skeptical run a monitoring program (I.e hwmonitor) and watch your volts. 

I see, thank you. I figured since I was above the estimated wattage, I'll be fine. What power supply would you recommend?

0 Likes

While you might be close that is a max wattage implying it won’t go above the 550w. I can make you a recommendation but it depends on if your planning on upgrading any of your components. 

For example, if you want to upgrade to the 6800xt that’s going to pull 300w alone. AMD recommends a minimum of 750w psu for that graphics card. 

it also depends on how much you want to spend. 
You  should look for the following features:

Fully Modular 

Minimum gold rated (platinum or titanium are steps up)

750w minimum. I’d go 850w or more for some future proofing. 

I personally use an evga 850w supernova. 

0 Likes
rainingtacco
Challenger

In rare scenarios some AMD GPUs exhibit power spikes taking twice the power that is normally needed.

https://www.fcpowerup.com/amd-radeon-rx6900xt-power/

In weak PSU it will cause OCP tripping. But you might just got faulty GPU. If you can return the GPU and try nvidia propositions in the similar price range. 

0 Likes