Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Lasertace
Adept I

PCIe x8

Hey,

i bought a RX 6600. The Problem is, i getting a grey picture (see Screenshot).

and GPU Z says Bus interface PCIex8 instead of x16

my old graphic card 1050ti works with x16 and without any problems.

I also updatet my BIOS. i uninstalled and installed many times the driver. (with DDU tool)

PC specs: 

power supply unit: 600 Watt be quiet! System Power 9 Non-Modular 80+ Bronze also tested with 700 Watt
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6x 3.60GHz So.AM4 BOX
RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16-18-18-38 Dual Kit
Mainboard: MSI B450-A Pro MAX So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail

and sry for me bad english1671358727976.png1671463160975.png

0 Likes
7 Replies
eebiii
Miniboss

Did you try a different 8-pin cable to video card? 

0 Likes

GPU-Z seems to indicate the AMD VGA Driver is install and working correctly. So I don't believe it is a driver issue.

Have you tried to change any settings in BIOS concerning the first PCIe Slot?

Downloaded your MSI manual and in BIOS there does seem to be some settings for the PCIe slots:

Screenshot 2023-02-03 150526.png

What other PCIe hardware do you have installed besides the GPU card?

NOTE: Looking at your MSI Mobo specs the PCIe Slot #1 is acting like you have a APU processor (PCIe 3.0 x   installed instead of a CPU processor (PCIe 3.0 x16) installed.

0 Likes

Hey, I have nothing installed excepect my graphic.

i only have 1 mv2 SSD.

i only changed my bios PCI Slot from Auto to x8+x8

...if you set to 8x then it's 8x ... you can let this on auto

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

i don't understand exactly your problem

first you say rx 6600 , but your zcreen shot shows rx 6650 xt , then you don't say when you get this grey picture

0 Likes

Hey my bad. I bought a 6650xt in the first place and I thought maybe the graphic was the problem so I bought the 6600 but I have the exact same problem.

I just changed to x8 only for testing. When i screenshoted GPUZ my Bios Setting was on Auto.

i get the grey picture, if I tab out from a game. If I am in a middle of game und i want to tab out to my desktop I getting the grey picture. The grey picture will last for 5 seconds and after that I can see my desktop 

in fact 8x thing is normal from what i'm reading here and there .. rx 6600 is 8x

for the grey screen, did you try use it on hdmi ? did you test with another monitor ? (seem that other people have this with samsung monitors)

0 Likes