Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

cowtown62
Adept III

Re: PCI-E slot died with RX 480

Jump to solution

Radeon wattman is the new overclocking software. GPU Tweak II is a asus thing not a AMD thing. you dont have a asus board so i have no idea what you are talking about. sounds like something a nvidia troll would say.

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

Jump to solution

OP does have an asus gpu, but I personally would not use any 3rd party oc app. on the 480.

You should do a bit more reading.

You might want to edit/delete your post.

Maybe ray_mamdpeteamdmatt​ could comment on the use of other oc apps. with the 480.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes
cowtown62
Adept III

Jump to solution

lol man that things in bad shape good eye.

0 Likes
cowtown62
Adept III

Jump to solution

Im just dumbfounded you guys didnt use the Included software with the drivers. Its way better then any vendor app for overclocking. Maybe with overdrive id understand but this gives you alot of control.

0 Likes
roquen22
Adept III

Jump to solution

What makes you think I don't have an ASUS RX 480??? I do. And, yeah, I had no idea that GPU Teak II was an ASUS application. I'll have to look into this Wattman app.

0 Likes
cowtown62
Adept III

Jump to solution

ya sorry if i came off like a total dick theres alot of Nvidia people i have to deal with on a daily basis was annoying the hell out of me. i havnt seen a reviewer get over a 6 percent overclock stable so maybe these reference cards are limited that much. might be time for a new mobo sadly. id contact amd and describe what happened i wouldnt be surprised once they hear you have a amd board they very well may get you a new board. is there even a 1800 number ive never looked?

0 Likes
looncraz
Adept II

Jump to solution

RX 480 top current overclock, IIRC, is 1.5Ghz - that's 18%.

I also have a strange feeling more might be achievable with this temporary fix for the excess PCI-E slot power draw for the reference RX 480 cards.

0 Likes
speeder
Elite

Jump to solution

cowtown62 now I saw in other threads you had problems too.

But when you was talking to roquen22, I was wondering if you are one of the AMD paid shills instead.

The behaviour of AMD community that for example made me much more aggressive in my texts, making people think I am nVidia shill.

People seriously need to stop with the fanboysm and paranoia.

also see this: I have lots of issues with the 380X, and I was trying to help with the RX480 power problem, why peop...  I wrote that right after I got banned, AGAIN, on the discord chat, because I was explaining how the PCI-e specs work. The moderator that banned me actually put as reason for the ban that I was nVidia Employee (I am not, and even if I was, this shouldn't be a "bannable offense"). (my first ban on the discord chat was when I asked how I setup custom resolution on Crimson, since it kept telling me to disable "Genlock", after I was banned there, I found out that every single post on reddit and a bunch of other forums about the same issue, made by other people, has been deleted too, making me think AMD PR teams focus more on damage control than on being good PR).

0 Likes
cowtown62
Adept III

Jump to solution

naw i just love the price for performance on the low end cards. i love the setup up till ive been having some crashs in some games. Im hoping this is fixed in future updates. I just need to find the drivers i ran when it was stable.

0 Likes
codexllll
Adept II

Jump to solution

Did the RX-480 do that to your case too??

Holy Shiite!