Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

calken
Adept I

Re: PCI-E slot died with RX 480

Jump to solution

You appear to have blistering on the mobo around the CMOS battery and along the chips to the left. 

roquen22
Adept III

Jump to solution

There are two side fans, one front fan, and one fan at the top. GPU temps did not exceed 78 C when playing, so I don't think it's a temp problem. Oh and the HDD cage was dismantled to accomodate a larger GPU that was in there over a year ago. The HDD is sitting just below the DVD drive.

0 Likes
roquen22
Adept III

Jump to solution

Please don't make fun of my PC, I did the best I could. There is 1 top fan, 1 front fan, and 2 side fans. Temps were all in range. The HDD is right below the DVD drive as the HDD cage was dismantled previously.

0 Likes
speeder
Elite

Jump to solution

Give up, I am asking for help with my 380X ever since I assembled my PC, people keep telling me I am a troll/liar/nvidia shill (not just here, but in other forums too, and official tech support ignored my issues too and told me to just return the card, when they replied at all, that is).

You need to just sue AMD if you want them to fix your mobo, and if you don't want to bother with that, just return the 480 and buy a nVidia 970, in my country at least the 970 is cheaper than the 480.

0 Likes
roquen22
Adept III

Jump to solution

I gave it a whirl: I reset the BIOS using the jumper, so everything went back to default values. The RX 480 was still not detected in slot 1. I also have an old GT 610 laying around (no power connector), so I popped that into slot 1 as well and it was also not detected. Slot 2 is still working as intended.

0 Likes
roquen22
Adept III

Jump to solution

Meh, I'm not looking for them to fix my mobo. I'm content with running off slot 2 as long as it doesn't break too. I just want to know the root cause, if it's being looked into, and when it will be fixed so that I can feel comfortable gaming again.

0 Likes
inbound
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

you should be fine in slot 2 as long as you do not oveclock it.

0 Likes
calken
Adept I

Jump to solution

Is your PSU still capable of delivering enough power?

0 Likes
speeder
Elite

Jump to solution

The fix is use lower power limit.

But this will cause throttling, that make some games unplayable depending on your luck (the 380X stock power settings made the game completely unplayble with GTAV, but it worked fine with a couple other games, but to play GTAV it is only possible to play the game raising the power limit to +20%).

Also, the card might crash if you lower power limit.

0 Likes
jimmyd1964
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

The b6 code has been reported on that AsRock board for years. Try the advice from 2011. Re-seat card, reset BIOS to default values.That is what they advised on an Nvidia card at that time. and it worked.

Good Luck

Note: It looks like the entire top of the case has been smashed, could you give a full side case shot, showing the top as well?

Also, Not making fun, I have scraped together lots of computers, that look worse than yours.

0 Likes