Is the second PC with 750 works fine?

0 Kudos
trebsor
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: PCI-E slot died with RX 480

Jump to solution

I just had to sign up to write this.

So am i the only one noticing this is a different Mobo? Not saying its impossible that OP has several PC's but this is looking more and more like a troll. And the images uploaded  of the 480 says nothing. I definitely cant see any error code etc?

0 Kudos
jimmyd1964
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Did you unplug the PSU and cycle the PWR switch on the back of the PSU?  I had a surge from lightning do that to mine.

You may very well be over powering everything with the CPU and Video card overclocked.

After a much closer look. That board has a lot of problems. VERY dirty, some of the mobo screws look wrong and the case is really crunched.

The top PCI 1 slot has burn marks as well.

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

I'm not trying to take advantage of anything.. I dont want to destroy my computer when I install this new rx480..

I also have a Gigabyte 990fxa ud3 mobo..

0 Kudos
daedalusvar
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

So quick question.

Do you have any fans inside that case other than the CPU cooler which may or may not be facing the wrong direction.

By the looks of this system and your obliviousness to how cooling working in a PC, I'm going to say NO you don't have any other fans inside your case. Sure blame the GPU for killing your PCIe slot, when in reality it's because you don't have proper cooling and your whole system was more than likely overheating.

0 Kudos
jimmyd1964
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

That is a $96 board, I wouldn't call it expensive.

0 Kudos
jgoldant
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It looks like I just experience this issue too same exact as OP. I got 3 PCIe slots an one of them die while playin Rise of the Tomb Raider. Was playin like 2 hour maybe. Temps seem OK, 82C. I  gotthe motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX and the RX 480 8GB. It was overeclock to just +50MHz. No power changes. Slot 2 and 3 work fine. Slot 1 toast with error message on motherboard. RX 480 is only change, I have R7 260x before.

pasix
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I don't know if you already tried, but maybe it will help, if you clean the PCIe-Slot.

I marked an area around the Slot wich looks either really dusty and should be cleaned or is just burnt.

Hopefully it's just dusty. Maybe you can look out for some other burnt area to find the issue. If possible, take a closer look at the pins of the slot. Maybe you can find some damage around there.

1.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
primetime
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Can you post a well lit close up picture of the non functioning slot? Also i invite you to hardocp.com starting a thread over there. A lot of people are interested in getting to the bottom of this power situation.

0 Kudos
jkj86
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Your post is appreciated, but frankly speaking, is clearly trolling. You either used a custom input display for the error code in the given photos, or you physically damaged your motherboard earlier and now expect AMD to pick up the damages. You're going to need a lot more evidence, Chief. We can't have guys coming on here and fabricating stories when they're hitting their motherboard with a hammer or spilling a little piss in the motherboard to try and get their big AMD payday.

0 Kudos