cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kgash1
Adept I

PC won't sleep after BIOS update

Yesterday I had to reinstall drivers for my AMD graphics card and now my PC won't enter timed sleep. Anyone have any ideas?

Windows 10 home 64 21H1 Build 19043.1466
ASRock B450 Pro4 MOBO
MSI Radeon RX 5700 DirectX 12 RX 5700 EVOKE
Crucial P1 1TB NVMe PCIe
AMC Radeon RX 5700 GPU (Driver er. 19.30.02)
16 GB DDR4 DRAM
EVGA 650 B5 PSU
2 Viewsonic monitors, 1 on HDMI and 1 on DP
Microsoft HD Webcam C615 (Microphone)

0 Likes
5 Replies
Skrybe
Challenger

There are plenty of suggestions for this via google. Have a look at https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-fix-a-windows-10-pc-that-wont-sleep/

Most likely there is an app that is running and preventing sleep mode. The link above shows how to find that. And if it's something else (like the power plan or a physical device preventing sleep) there are steps for those too.

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

The current verion of Windows 10 is 21H2.

You're running 21H1.

You need to update your Operating System.

0 Likes

Never mind the windows version, the graphics drivers are at 19.30.2

Unless there's a good reason you're running the old ones there have been a lot of updates since those.

0 Likes

Without latest windows version the OP is missing critical .Net Framework.

This software has a significant impact on graphics audio and internet performance.

If this base software is not up to date then updating hardware drivers could be unsupported and lead to more issues.

Build from the ground up not from the roof down. 

0 Likes

You can get .Net framework without the "feature packs" or whatever they call the big updates these days. It's possible they've done that (maybe not though considering the driver date).

My point still remains they're using a driver from a full three years ago. Unless there's a good reason I'd be more worried about that.

0 Likes