cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

no1dude
Journeyman III

PC starts.. Monitor shows black screen, keyboard and mouse does not work!

PC starts.. Monitor shows black screen, keyboard and mouse does not work!

I have a MSI 970A-G46 MB/8gb ddr3 RAM/ FX 8320 processor /HD 7850 V Card / SSD /500W OCZ  P Supply/running Windows 10.Which I built about 5 yrs ago Never missed a beat in 5 yrs But tried to start my system today and it starts with all the fans and Led lights but the monitor shows black screen and the keyboard and mouse are not working

I have swopped the SSD for a HD just to check if it had any power and it has so I was thinking it is the Video Card that is at fault (I don’t have a spare to try) and I don’t want to buy one unless I have to so any suggestions from you Guys would be welcome

0 Likes
1 Reply
moonstar
Adept II

Option 1:  Shut down the system, unplug it and hold the power button down for 15-20 seconds.  Attempt to boot.

Option 2:  Shut down the system, unplug it, remove the CMOS battery and set the jumper to Clear CMOS, hold the power button for 15-20 seconds, move jumper back to standard operation, insert battery.  Attempt boot.

If neither works, shut down the system and unplug it, remove your RAM, plug in the system and power it on.  If no sound is made, high chance of bad MB.  If it beeps at you, power it down, unplug it and insert your RAM testing each stick one at a time.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes