cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Hilani_Ahmad
Journeyman III

Pc shutting down while gaming or doing something heavy on gpu

My pc keeps shutting down when I play a game that is gpu hungry,like jedi fallen order,other games like cs go,it dont,also on strees gpu test like furmark it shuts down,its always not at the same moment,it shuts bettwen 5 mins and 2h of gaming ,not a certain time,I did stress test my cpu and it dosent have any problem so its a gpu problem most likely,however my memory(ram) reaches 78c while gaming even if its stock,no overclocking,because my airflow isnt good but I dont think this is the problem,since i have to prees the psu switch to start the pc again because it wont work just presing the normal start button.
My guees it that my gpu(vega 64) has power spikes and they are higher than 40a(480w),I have a corsair HX 1200 psu,but its on multi rail,it can do 40a(480w) on multi rail and the full 1200w(100a) if its on single rail,since the psu is high wattage I prefer to have it on multi rail even if it has 10 year warranty which 2 year are already gone,should I put it on single rail and see if its still turning off or what should I do?Also its not overheating problem becuause my temps are decent 60c-70c cpu and 70-80c gpu,the only above avreage temps its the memory temps which care 70-80c

My specs : (everything is stock no overclocks)

Vega 64 sapphire blower

Ryzen 7 2700x anniversary edition

Corsair hx 1200 80+platinum psu

Gigabyte B450m ds3h

2x8 gb hyperx fury 2400 mhz

0 Likes
0 Replies