cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Punto
Journeyman III

PC Shutdown randomly RX580

Hello everybody! First, sorry for my bad English.

I have a problem with my PC because it's shut down randomly when I play some games. To turn it on again, I must turn off the PSU and wait for the LEDs to turn off. I searched a lot in internet but I can't find a solution.

My PC:
CPU AMD Ryzen 2600
GPU AsRock AMD RX580 8GB
MBO Asus B450M-A
RAM 16 GB DDR4 ADATA XPG Gammix D10 Black (8x2)
M.2 Kingston 128 Gb
HDD WD Blue 1 TB
HDD Hitachi 160 GB
PSU EVGA 600W 80 White Plus

I can play Battlefield 1 (Ultra), Battlefield 4 (Ultra), Battlefield V (Ultra), L4D2 (Ultra), CSGO (Ultra), PayDay2 (Ultra), ETS2 (Ultra), Wreckfest (Medium), Assetto Corsa (Ultra), Project Cars 2 (Ultra), Dirt 4 (Ultra), Dirt Rally (Ultra) and Dirt Rally 2.0 (Ultra) without problems but my PC shutting down when I play Cities Skylines, MudRunner and Dead By Daylight. I lowered the graphics to the minimum of the MudRunner and it worked well, but my PC exceeds the recommended requirements.

I checked the temperatures and the GPU is close to 70 - 80°C at maximum load and the CPU at 60 - 70°C at maximum load. I updated Windows, all drivers and I cleaned all hardware. The strange thing is that it turns me off with less demanding games.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
10 Replies
ryrx
Adept II

Is your hardware overclocked? Also check if you have both 8pin and 6pin cables connected to your GPU(i dont know what model you have).

0 Likes
Punto
Journeyman III

No, my hardware isn't overclocked. I even disabled the XMP profile. 

The exact model of my GPU is Asrock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX580 8G OC. It only has a 6-pin connection.

The only modification I have made is to generate a curve in MSI Afterburner and also updated my motherboard BIOS.

0 Likes

Hey, don't know if you're still around but I'm having the same problem with the same graphics card. Have you learned anything? I've learned that it might be an inadequate power supply but I don't want to get a new one if I don't have to

0 Likes

I  understand your reluctance to purchase a new PSU. You must consider that the PSU is the heart of the system, a good one will last a long time. eg. my two Antec Truepower New 750W PSUs were bought in 2009 and still working fine through many computer upgrades. Also, it's REALLY handy to have a spare PSU laying around for troubleshooting, so even if it doesn't help, you can't go wrong.

@johnnyenglish  I get where you're coming from. I prefer less dicking around to more dicking around. With Afterburner it's set it and forget about it. One profile for all.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

First, I would uninstall after burner..

Having looked at the specs of your card it has an 8 pin connector.. My Sapphire Nitro+ has 6 and 8 pin..

I see your PSU is a cheap budget one.. If you have access to a better quality 80+ Gold to try it..

The recommended PSU is 550w for that card, as per ASRock website.. So yours may not be up to it..

I think you should upgrade the PSU to Seasonic, Corsair, a good make and around 750 - 850w.

That way you have plenty of extra power for the future, if you upgrade..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

I had a NOX 650Watt 80+ when I purchased my RoG Strix RX480, no dice! It rebooted, crashed, every sort of problems and even heavy coil white from PSU. I understand that Polaris cards run nice on even 550Watt but it depends on the brand (and of course quality of PSU).

Mine didn't run well on 650, even Corsair RM650 was not the best, it got MUCH better after going for a RoG Strix 750Watt (seasonic), for some reason my RX480 is a powerhog. Plus, consider a more substantial PSU if you have other stuff like, lots of mechanical HDD, external devices or plenty RGB.

Also, having consistent 80ºC for a RX480 is too much IMO. Mine never goes above 70ºC and normally averages on 60-65ºC

The Englishman

Just wanted to note my ASUS ROG RX580 never goes above 50c. And I always use afterburner with fan hitting 50% at 50c. Yours seems rather HOT.

OTOH, I agree with the PSU suggestions.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

@Hardwood , try creating profiles for each game inside Adrenalin. I find it so much more useful for mild OC and fan tuning that I stopped using ASUS Tweak or MSI Afterburner.

Old games or just windows, underclock and undervolt. Latest games the more OC and voltage.

EG: Doom

johnnyenglish_0-1649716958460.png

EG: Desktop

johnnyenglish_1-1649717131214.png

The Englishman
adam3885
Journeyman III

because your using a 4 pin sata adapter not a 6 pin bros

0 Likes
rahsagroup
Journeyman III

test with new PUS

maybe problem cable or PSU

گروه پاتوبیولوژی رهسا با داشتن 4 مرکز فوق تخصصی در تهران آماده خدمت رسانی در آزمایشات بالینی، آزمایش ژنتیک و آزمایشات بالینی میباشد
این مراکز به شرح زیر میباشد:
آزمایشگاه ژنتیک غدیر خم
آزمایشگاه پاتوبیولوژی غدیر خم
آزمایشگاه پاتوبیولوژی آزادگان
آزمایشگاه پاتوبیولوژی طب الرضا
آزمایشگاه ژنتیک غدیر خم با انجام مشاوره ژنتیک میتوانید شما عزیزان را در جلوگیری از تولد کودکان با نقص ژنتیکی، تولد کودکان مرده و بیماری هایی که به ژنتیک و ارث درافراد مربوط میشود جلوگیری کند
مانند سرطان ارثی و ژنتیکی
آلزایمر ارثی و ژنتیکی، آزمایش تشخیص بیماری اوتیسم و درمان بیماری اوتیسم
0 Likes