cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

okasianz
Journeyman III

Re: PC restarting Radeon Rx 580

I ran the OCCT on my CPU and everything seems fine. But when I ran it on my GPU. It remains okay for a min but not restarts my computer. But when running the test on my power supply it almost always restarts immediately.

0 Kudos
okasianz
Journeyman III

This still doesn't help. If i increase the power limit to 50+

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

I would try a couple things. 1. Try that GPU in another system. If it works, not th GPU. 2. If the GPU proves okay, then try it back in your system with a different power supply.

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Download Open Hardware monitor and install it and run it. Then run OCCT PSU Test again.  When the test crashes take a look at Open Hardware Monitor and check to see if your GPU or CPU are Overheating.

Also after running OCCT PSU Test check the data in OCCT Folder in Documents. Check the Temperatures and Voltages.

0 Kudos
okasianz
Journeyman III

When I run the OCCT test on my CPU nothing happens besides screen freezing now and then. Temp stays no higher than 60. But when i run the OCCT test on my GPU is immediately restarts. And when I run the test on my PSU it goes through the test for 3 mins but then restarts all over again. When I go to my OCCT folder I can't find any data on the temp of the GPU because it restarts so fast.

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Sounds like your GPU card is the problem.

1) It is either Overheating and shutting down the computer

2) Misconfigured causing the GPU to shut down the computer.

As mentioned by pokester​, try installing your GPU card in another computer. If it does the same thing, you GPU card is either defective or needs to be checked.

If it works fine in another computer using OCCT then the problem could be your PSU.

When you are running OCCT  PSU TEST it shows the temperatures and voltages while running. Need to run it in Full screen. Keep an eye on the Temperature of the GPU before the test crashes.

Also what does Open Hardware Monitor shows after crashed?

The reason why it crashes during the PSU test because the PSU runs both the CPU AND GPU test at the same time. If you run the GPU test and crashes immediately it will do the same thing during the PSU test.

OCCT GPU TEST shouldn't cause your GPU Card to crash immediately.

0 Kudos