cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mitchell1551
Adept I

PC Not Using Dedicated Graphics Card

I bought my first PC recently and have downloaded a few games but am unable to play them.  The issue is that the game is using my integrated graphics card instead of the dedicated graphics card.  I went into the windows setting and selected the specific GPU option and chose my graphics card.  However, the game (Assassins Creed Vallhalla) is still using integrated graphics.  Do I also need to change settings somewhere else?  I have the AMD Radeon 6600 graphics card.  I also searched through the Radeon software, but was unable to find any related settings, but it is possible I missed it.  

1 Solution
mitchell1551
Adept I

Hey guys thank you for your help, I called AMD and figured out there was a simple solution.... I needed to plug one of the HDMI cords from one of my monitors into the graphics card port on the back of the PC.  I didn't realize this and had it plugged into the HDMI port on the mother board.  Everything works as it should now.  Thanks again!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
tenzo23
Elite

Can you give more information? Motherboard and CPU?

/sig Fun guy.

Hey tenzo, the motherboard is the Asus Prime B550-Plus AC-HES, the CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 5600G.  I also updated the Bios, but it did not change anything. 

I think @ThunderBeaver got it covered.

Just wondering, why are you using both the integrated graphics in the 5600G since your 6600 graphics card is better? Multi monitors?

You can go into BIOS and disable the integrated graphics or choose PEG/PCI  (graphics card) as your primary display.

/sig Fun guy.
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Go into your device manager and disable the drivers for your onboard MOBO graphics. (You may have to also uninstall them if a restart doesn't use your dedicated GPU). This can cause a software conflict (as 2 different GPU's running different display drivers cause software conflicts) and an onboard GPU will always be recognized as the primary video source until disabled. Once disabled restart your PC.

You may also have to download the Radeon software and drivers for the dedicated GPU after the restart.

Only download those drivers from AMD.com do not let windows download those drivers for you. Microsoft has had a very bad problem since windows 8 in downloading the right software for AMD products.

Also before you do the above steps ensure you have the latest .Net Framework this can be obtained just by checking windows update and fully updating your operating system. Out of date .Net Framework can cause a lot of audio and video issues.

mitchell1551
Adept I

Hey guys thank you for your help, I called AMD and figured out there was a simple solution.... I needed to plug one of the HDMI cords from one of my monitors into the graphics card port on the back of the PC.  I didn't realize this and had it plugged into the HDMI port on the mother board.  Everything works as it should now.  Thanks again!