cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

voltilv
Journeyman III

pc games crash on the loading screen

since last week whenever i load into rust or F1 the game crashes without an error
i have done stress tests on both my cpu and gpu and both were fine, i also did ddu. i only had a driver timeout error this afternoon watching netflix.

i felt like i have done anything and am clueless can somebody help me?

0 Likes
10 Replies

@voltilv wrote:

can somebody help me?

Possibly...if you furnish some information > https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

graphics card: amd radeon rx 5600xt
laptop or desktop?:desktop
Drivers: radeon software adrneline 21.10.2
Monitor: Iiyama g2466hsu-b1 1920x1080 @165Hz
Cpu: ryzen 7 2700x
Motherboard: gigabyte x570 gaming x
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650 White - V2 PSU / PC
RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600

0 Likes

Did you change anything on your PC? Update any drivers? Did you try DDU then using an older and newer driver after the one you tested 21.10.2? It can be tough to figure out if it just out of the blue started happening, try to figure out what changed, temperatures? Do you get any log files or problems in the Windows Event Viewer? Good luck!

0 Likes

Nope I didn’t change anything it just happened that’s the weird thing. I tried both newer and older versions but haven’t found one that worked. The only thing is that rust and F1 are both steam games that are crashing but when I play another high usage game gta on epic games I have zero problems. And tbh whenever I look at event viewer I don’t really know what I am supposed to be looking for 

0 Likes

In Steam, go to Library...right click on the game giving you issues, select Properties   verify game files.

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes

Yep have done that right after the ddu both game files are good

0 Likes

The event viewer usually search the internet for any warnings or errors it reports, yes it's cryptic but sometimes will lead you to a hardware or software fault.

Having the devs or another AMD user try the game out  and see if it works on their PC will maybe help narrow it down.

As a player of newer and older games I do find that companies don't seem to care too much about older ones even a few years. I do have some older hardware and drivers around to try and alleviate this, it seems to be more of a challenge to play some of the older games. When they are multiplayer or online only, it's even more a possibility that at some point there won't be players or servers, which isn't fun. I guess that is why I play mostly FPS and don't play online much, or just play the online parts of games (BF V etc) and know they may be gone later.

World of Warcraft seems to have lasted forever. It'd be great if the devs would open source the server after they have made the money so the fans can still have fun.

voltilv_0-1641127806514.pngvoltilv_1-1641127821050.pngvoltilv_2-1641127830804.pngvoltilv_3-1641127870392.pngvoltilv_4-1641127898803.png

voltilv_5-1641127921767.png

these were the errors event viewer gave after rust crashed, do you know what they mean?

0 Likes

looks like an issue with your connection and steam verification. first turn off the router and leave it for a couple of minutes then I would uninstall steam and then reinstall. If this fails uninstall the network card...or are you wifi?

Last of all remove one of the games completely and reinstall. I know this takes forever to download but sometimes the check files scenario fails. I had to remove modern warfare:warzone yesterday which was 185gb download. This fixed it though

0 Likes

Like simplysimon911 said, there are some errors with the network, so try his recommendation. The others look like DWM desktop Window Manager, but that is probably because Rust crashed and closed the window. I hope you will get it fixed!

0 Likes