cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Toogler
Adept I

PC dropping to 14 fps, and graphics card dropping to 0% usage

Recently I started having issues with my graphics card, that regardless of what I am doing, my pc would drop to 14 fps. This even happens when I'm just doing nothing on my pc. I've tried reinstalling my drivers, and disabling the ftpm feature on my motherboard, and I even reinstalled windows but nothing would work. Do you guys have any advise on what I could try

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • MSI Radeon RX 6600XT
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 19044 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 22.10.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
  • ACER XF240H, DP, 1920x1080, 144HZ
  • ACER XV273X, DP, 1920x1080, 240HZ
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • GIGABYTE b450m S2H, BIOS: F63D
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • Corsair CX650F RGB PSU 650W
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB 3200MHZ

Regards, Collin.

EDIT: added system specs

7 Replies

https://community.amd.com/t5/knowledge-base/information-required-when-posting-a-discussion/ta-p/4227...

Information Required When Posting a Discussion

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon VII
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • If a laptop, Make and Model of the Laptop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit 1909 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.10.1
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
  • Ryzen 5 5600X
0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

PC drops to 14 fps when doing nothing? Do you mean in games, or do you mean refreshrate (=Hz)

Is it a new computer or did it use to work and suddenly started doing this? Maybe after some update? Does it stick to 14 fps or change back to normal by itself? Have you tried with one monitor at a time? How are your temps when this happens and what software and games are you using at the time?

0 Likes

Thanks for your fast response. I've had the graphics card since december 2021, and the cpu since april 2022. It used to work perfectly fine, but it suddenly started happening. It's not only in games, it even affects my windows. The drops to 14 fps were measured in games, and I have tried different monitors, but that didn't work. I tried to rule out software, but even when I have nothing opened, it still occurs. My temps are always below 60 degrees celsius, so that also isn't the problem.

0 Likes

Sounds a bit like a software issue. Can you list all the programs running in the lower right corner, next to clock.

Also you might want to keep task manager open and list processes by CPU utilization. Is your CPU utilization or memory usage very high and can you spot which process is the culprit?

Also go to Windows update history, scroll the list. Does it say " Successfully installed on..." after each update. Sometimes a stuck update can destroy performance. Rare but does happen.

Do you have a mechanical harddrive in your computer? Is it full or does it feel slow?

You don't have any software installed which promises to improve performance or keep the system clean, such as Ad-aware? Remove those.

You might also want to check Windows power settings and select AMD Ryzen Balanced

0 Likes

I have razer synapse, discord, spotify, windows defender and the amd software open on the bottom right. I don't have any high cpu usage on my pc as far as I know, it hovers around 70% when gaming. Every update says installed on, so thats also not the issue. I do have a slow mechanical harddrive, alongside a NVME SSD, which i have my windows on. The only software I use to clean up my pc is malwarebytes and CCleaner, but I've never encountered issues with any of those before. I have my power settings on high performance, as it doesnt list the AMD Ryzen Balanced. Again, thanks for the help.

0 Likes

For testing, I would temporarily remove synapse, ccleaner, malwarebytes, spotify and discord.

You could pull out the sata cable from HDD and try if problem dissappears. Then add them back, one by one. If ccleaner has it's backround process running, it can cause issues with other software like malwarebytes or the antivirus included in Windows. I use Disk Cleanup (in.cluded in Windows) when I want to clean up disks. Mostly cleaning disks is not something that has to or even should be done unless you are acutely running out of space

0 Likes

Look in Device Manager...do you see any error marks?

0 Likes