cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

shraaap
Adept I

PC crashing when playing warzone (but not other games) or loading certain web pages

System:

MOBO ASUS ROG B550 F

PSU 850W

GPU RX6800

CPU Ryzen 5 5600X

I'm at my wits end here, and just don't know what to do. My PC keeps crashing when either playing specific games (warzone) or loading certain web pages (amazon video). I looked around and a lot of people were mentioning power spikes which seemed to make sense, as the PC just cuts off and reboots (as if there were a power surge), so i got a new 850W PSU (instead of my previous 650W one). Unfortunately nothing changed. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, i've tried rolling back the driver. I've tried lowering the settings in game, i've tried changing the settings in the AMD radeon software.

Nothing's worked and it's driving me crazy. Anyone have any ideas, fixes, suggestions?

0 Likes
3 Replies
averym127
Journeyman III

Any solution ever come up? I have very similar issues. When playing Warzone if I have a 4-5 hour gaming session I get at least one crash where it seems like a power surge and my computer briefly freezes and then restarts. 

I have:

Ryzen 5 5600x

Sapphire Nitro+ amd Radeon RX 6800 16gb

32 gb ram

MSI B550 tomahawk 

750w psu

0 Likes

Check your Evebt Viewer in the administrative tools in control panel and see what kind of error has caused the crash with warzone. I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a combination of my 5600x spamming some WHEA error 100s of times in a minute and my graphics card having bad memory. Check for WHEA errors, bad errors with the red circle and critical errors. Between these you both should be able to at least learn what is happening in terms of a failing componet or what is the root cause of the crashing. Best of luck!

0 Likes
bnnnd
Journeyman III

i had the same problem with warzone, i have the same mobo and cpu. what "fixed" my problem was swapping out the cpu to a 3600xt and it works. 

0 Likes