cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

santhu221633
Adept I

Re: PC crashes during initial launch of most games

Thank you guys for the support. But I tried few suggestions, but they are not working.

So, I tried by replacing my Graphics card with my friends GPU.  Now, it is working great with no crashes. I used Radeon RX  580 Series Sapphire Pulse GPU and my system is running since last 5 days.

I am perplexed why my system crashes randomly with 5700XT but not with 580. The only difference in system assembly is that RX 580 needs 8pin  Power supply and RX 5700XT needs 14 pin power supply.

I even tried by changing PSU but it is not helping.

I tried by inserting my GPU (5700XT) in my friends system and it is working great. Now I am more confused.

I am guessing that there is no issue with either GPU or my system or my friends system. I feel there might be some compatibility issues. 

Please help. 

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Most likely there is BIOS issues with some machines that affect card stability

Lots of video cards do not work on my MSI X570-A PRO as of yet

0 Likes
santhu221633
Adept I

If thats the case, I am disappointed. Could you tell me what I can do to make it compatible or system correction that I can do. I spent so much money on this and I will try to go till the end to make it work. Thanks for your kind quick reply.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I have not tried Corsair memory but it is usually fairly good.

20.8.1 is the latest driver for Radeon graphics

MSI has also put out new BIOS releases recently so consider an update

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

Could upload one of the minidumps?

Might be able to narrow down what's causing the error by running it through WinDbg.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

This error message indicates that your processor is not working stably. The reasons for getting this error message can be as follows.
+ The motherboard cannot adjust the processor core voltage with default settings.
+ OC caused by the settings you make or the motherboard itself disrupts the system stabilization.

Result:
The motherboard must be used in factory settings. I suggest that you only change the RAM speeds. All remaining settings should be at factory settings. If you continue to get the error, you can follow this ways...
+ The processor core voltage must be raised manually with the BIOS.
+ The processor core voltage should be kept at factory settings and the core frequency of the processor should be reduced.

As long as you do not replace the motherboard and follow the above suggestions, you will always be likely to get errors periodically. Goodluck...

0 Likes
accn
Elite

I found many messages on reddit from people with this error, most of them had rx5700 / 5700xt. The error began to appear in the log after the May 2004 update

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The error message has nothing to do with the GPUs. Windows 2004 does not change the cause of the error message. The driver forces the processor to the error. However, the problem with encountering the error message is not caused by the GPUs for Win2004.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

drivers should stabilize fast now that 2004 has been released 

dx12 changes are the big problem

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Not for this error message.

Driver problems do not cause this error message to be got but the driver pushes the processors to this error message. If the processor is stable, you will not have any problems with high probability.

0 Likes