cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

paramax1779
Journeyman III

OS:Win10 64bit, why my HD7970 when install driver Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3 Optional get "Page Fault in nonpage area" BSOD?

Hello, Greetings.

My OS is Windows 10 64 bit.

Why my HD7970 Graphic card, when install new driver Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3 Optional, happens "Page Fault in nonpage area" BSOD?

Any suggest?

Thank you everyone be patient to respond.

57 Replies

it is not work.
i have all windows update and try intsall tonight 19.1.2, but again BSOD and again DDU.
i install 18.12.1 and this version work correct.
AMD programmers fix it please!

Have windows update scan for new updates. Not all updates show unless you scan for them. The latest cumulative update seems to help for whatever reason. 

Then have the 19.1.2 driver downloaded don't upgrade from Radeon Settings!

Disconnect from the Internet! This will keep Windows update from screwing up the install.

Run the 19.1.2 installer, and choose clean install. 

If you restart and it's still not fully working then install the 19.1.2 driver again this time as an express install over the same driver.

This should do it. I now have my HD 7950, 7870 and R9 380x working. Before they were not working with the new drivers. 

If this doesn't help all I can say is open a support ticket with AMD. 

bigjoe11a
Adept I

Your having the same issue I did. This is what you have to do. Uninstall AMD software and Drivers. When you uninstall it. Make sure you select to remove drivers too. Then reboot. Make sure the only video card that's show in the device manager is display driver. If not. It your video card drivers still haven't been removed. In the device manager. Right click on the device and click uninstall. and reboot again. Make sure the drivers are gone. Check the device manager and make sure that the only this that shows in the video card is standard display drivers. Now install AMD Radeon Software drivers 19.1. and reboot after it installed. Use the express to install the software. That should fix you issue. If not you will have to contact AMD support.

Unfortunately no dice. it seems like a major driver issue impacting the new Adrenalin and 7970's I have opened a ticket, in the mean time I built a new tower patched it up on windows 10, initially using intel integrated GPU. using a mobo and cpu combo used with this GPU in the past, downloaded drivers, ran DDU, made sure no network connection. added GPU and installed new drivers same error. uninstall new drivers, roll back to generic  pnp driver runs fine. use a USB driver to install software from before the new Adrenalin suite and we are good. 

have tried with every version of the new driver including February all result in same error. prior software does not do this. its an AMD issue 

tanks i'm waiting for the resolution

0 Likes

if your still having the same issue. Where did you get the video card from, and how much did you pay for it. If the drivers still don't work, There has to be 2 issues.

1) Something wrong with the video card

2) the video card has been hacked. It's an old video card that some one flashed it and hacked it.

I need you to send us a link for the video card you bought.

0 Likes

the video card I already have 1 to 2 years ago but in one of these new

updates began to give the problem

0 Likes

more then likely update 18.2.x. I think everyone had the same issue. If your still having the same issues. The you much not be removing all the drivers from the system. After you reboot the PC after you uninstall the 18.2 drivers. All windows see is just a standard display driver. Right. That's the only driver that should be installed for your video card when you remove the drivers from the PC. Make sure after you uninstall the drivers to reboot the PC again. and check device manager. That it only see's the display driver and nothing else. go to c:\program files\amd and make sure all the files have been removed from this folder and any sub folders. If windows won't let you delete them. reboot the PC. so windows won't see what you all ready removed. Then go back and try and remove all the files and folders in that AMD Folder. Just only the AMD folder. There should be nothing in that folder. MAKE SURE, reboot again and check the device manager and the AMD folder.

Then reinstall your drivers. Only use the 19.2 drivers and nothing else. Before you install. make sure you remove the old installer files for any other driver. Make sure you only have one file to execute. Let me know the result.

0 Likes

clean install and build had the same issue, if you read my post never had an 18.x install on it. shame I do not own another 7970 to confirm, duplicates and triplicates of every other part, but no spare modern gpu. I might buy a used  CGN 1 generation to test it. 

amdmatt‌  Just wanted to point out this is another of these HD7970's threads that the drivers will not load. Have you passed this issue on to engineering yet?

0 Likes

No thats not the issue bigjoe, 

I bought mine from newegg new, and has run fine for years, and still does without the new drivers, I do plan to replace in the next 2 years or so when GCN itself is replaced. For now though the issue is something AMD has done, and should fix. 

if you want the link Bam MSI Radeon HD 7970 DirectX 11 R7970 Lightning 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Cross...    newegg never reties the profile. 

It's not the first time we have seen issues with these and drivers there have been a lot of them over the last year. I didn't finally get a newer driver on my HD7950 until this latest 19.1.2 driver myself. Hope you get it sorted.

0 Likes
fremalm
Adept I

This is what i got back from AMD support (didnt work for me) - its valid for AMD Radeon HD 7970

Please disable the windows autoupdate in show and hide tool.

This issue could cause due to multiple reason like driver files conflicts, faulty port etc. To ensure more, I request you to give a try by performing clean installation of 19.1.2 driver by using the DDU utility and check the issue status.

To be on the safer side, I request you to please create System Restore point before performing any troubleshooting steps.

• Step 1 – Please use DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode and uninstall the previous driver. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.
  • Step 2 – then restart your computer again and enter into the normal windows mode.
  • Step 3 - install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows. (make sure windows is not installing the display driver)

Step 4 – Again restart the computer and then install 19.1.2 drivers by clicking this below link. Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file. https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7970  

0 Likes
hansrotec
Adept II

still not fixed, tired the 2019/4 drivers it would be nice if they fixed this. 

0 Likes

They had promised a fix in April in another thread. Still no word as to why that did not happen nor a expectations on a final fix. 

0 Likes

Better late than never. The driver promising to fix the issue was released today. So try the new 19.5.1 driver.

From the release notes: Fixed: Radeon Software installation may fail or get stuck at 33% when installing on AMD Radeon HD 7970 system configurations.

0 Likes

yes was fixed with the 19.5.1 driver

Nice, thanks everyone