Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

b_d
Journeyman III

Optimal choice for A10 6800k

Jump to solution

I would like add video card to A10-6800k.

My CPU isn't top so Hi-End card can't work fully.

ps. Will I get profit for this dual A10-6800k (HD8670D) + new VC  if use Windows 10 Directx12?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Optimal choice for A10 6800k

Jump to solution

The integrated GPU on your 6800K is using the older Terascale architecture, it does not support DX12.

If you are looking for a suitable GPU pairing and DX12 support, the R7 360 will offer you 1080P gaming at medium to high settings in the latest games. This GPU should match the performance of your APU. If you are looking for a little more GPU horsepower and have the budget available, then the R9 380 4GB would be a suitable choice.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

The integrated GPU on your 6800K is using the older Terascale architecture, it does not support DX12.

If you are looking for a suitable GPU pairing and DX12 support, the R7 360 will offer you 1080P gaming at medium to high settings in the latest games. This GPU should match the performance of your APU. If you are looking for a little more GPU horsepower and have the budget available, then the R9 380 4GB would be a suitable choice.

View solution in original post

b_d
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thanks for the detailed response.

0 Likes
zoka23
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Greetings amdmatt

Currently I have:

CPU: A10 6800K

MB: GA-F2A85XM-D3H

RAM: 4GB

GPU: R9 380 4GB (to be exact this GIGABYTE - Tarjetas de Video - AMD - PCI Express Solution - Radeon™ R9 300 series - GV-R938G1 GAMING... )

I have constantly freezing while I work, I think Windows 10 is the problem, because the freeze is with any program not only with games, I searched with google but can not find a solution, could you help me please?

PD: excuse my english is not very good

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Try using Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta as a temporary solution.

0 Likes