OpenCL com Radeon R5 230

Como ativar OpenCL, com Win10 64bits?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
11 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Re: OpenCL com Radeon R5 230

OpenCL is included in all AMD Driver packages. Download the latest R5 230 AMD Driver from here: AMD Radeon™ R5 230 Drivers & Support | AMD .

By the way, your GPU Card is considered to be legacy and not supported by AMD with Driver updates. You have to Drivers to choose from:

1- WHQL 2015 driver

2- BETA 2016 driver.

Make sure you uninstall any Nvidia GPU drivers, if Applicable. Use DDU in safe mode with the internet disconnected and then reboot and install the AMD Driver with the internet still disconnected.

Download a free program called GPU-Z and make sure it shows your GPU card OpenCL enabled.

If enabled, then you would have to look at the program you are using to see if it enables OpenCL. It is possible your program that uses OpenCL may need newer AMD Drivers than 2016 for OpenCL to work or a higher version of OpenCL than version 1.2

Your GPU card only supports OpenCL 1.2:

What program are you trying to use OpenCL with?  What version of Windows do you have installed?  What Processor are you using?

Make sure your motherboard has the latest BIOS and Chip set installed.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Next time you reply, please translate it into English since this is an English Only Forum. Thanks

0 Likes
jolavoassis
Journeyman III

I installed Windows 10 - 64-Bit Edition

Catalyst Software Suite. When I try to open I get the messages attached. OpenCL is still deactivated.

De: elstaci

Enviada em: sábado, 1 de junho de 2019 09:04

Para: José Olavo Oliveira

Assunto: Re: OpenCL com Radeon R5 230 | AMD Developer Forums

<https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread> Community

in Graphics

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I can handle several languages easily

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

That is useful, but just letting OP know that AMD Forum rules specifies that all questions and comments be in English. Since many Users may not have or know how to use translators.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

AMD has not ever criticised me for helping a person in another language

All I do is try to help as best I can

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

I have also, but I also had the comments in both languages posted.  One in English and the other in the OP's language. I realize it is difficult for an OP to explain a problem in a unfamiliar language. If I see the OP is having trouble understanding my comment in English, That is when I post a comment in two languages to help the OP understand better.

You are correct, the Moderators do give a lot of leeway in that rule. Rarely do I see a Post from a Moderator to translate a question into English. Usually another User(s) makes the suggestion.

I once was replying to an OP in his native language during a particular thread and not in English in the past, Until another User mentioned to me to translate it into English as per AMD Forum.

Later I was told the reason why. At one point in the past, many of the threads were in another language and AMD Forum seemed like a Foreign Language Forum instead of an English Language Forum.

I wasn't criticizing just stating a AMD Forum rule. You can continue posting comments in another language if you feel it helps the Users better, it really doesn't concern me since I have a very good Translator Extension in my browser that automatically translates everything into English. To the point that sometimes I don't realize the OP posted his question in a different language.

This is the AMD Forum Rule from Moderator RAY_M:

0 Likes
jolavoassis
Journeyman III

I've Downloaded the latest R5 230 AMD Driver from here: AMD Radeon ™ R5 230 Drivers & Support | OMG . When I try to open the program I get the messages attached.
I downloaded the "GPU-Z", the screen is different from your answer (attached image). That shows "OpenCL" disabled.Mensagem AMD Radeon.jpgMensagem AMD Radeon 2.jpgGPU_Z Tela 1.jpg

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

physx can be found on nvidia's website

0 Likes