cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sueyllam
Journeyman III

Open GL green color problem

I wrote a simple opengl app. that draws a green ball with a red stripe. I got somehow distorted green color shading ( See Green.jpg attachment.) When I changed the color to blue, things went fine (See Blue.jpg attachment.) Finally I tried yellow (green + red), and I got a more distorted output (See Yellow.jpg attachment). I have a Lenovo ideapad 330, with a discrete/hybrid graphics card: AMD Radeon 530 with the latest stable release driver and an intel UHD Graphics card 620. Otherwise I never had an issue with any videos or images or whatever. Is this a known bug in AMD opengl, or just some hardware malfunctioning of my graphics card. I posted this message earlier on the Communities board but got no reply. Hope can get some leads here...

0 Likes
1 Reply
sueyllam
Journeyman III

And yet I have more problems. Trying to run another opengl procedural shading program, namely thr pixar ball example in the red book 9th ed. After running it I got a couple of colored vertical lines in the left edge of the screen. I triied to make a screen shot of the desktop but they didn't appear in the screen shot. Anyway I tried to upgrade to the latest update (not an official release) and then downgrade (I had to go to the control panel to stop the windows from preventing me from downgrading) again and then uninstall the driver then install it. Every trial of these didn't help getting rid from those noise lines. Finally I get the message shown below when windows start. Now I am stuck and not sure how to proceedDesktop.jpg

0 Likes