cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Coins609
Adept I

Only 1 of my 3 fans are spinning all of a sudden

So i was just playing some dmc5 when i noticed that my pc was being unusually loud. I check to see that 2 of 3 fans arent spinning for whatever reason. I updated to the latest driver (22.11.1) and restarted a couple times but nothing changed.I think it started today after i restarted my computer since both of my monitors went black during a zoom call twice in a row (usually when that happens and i try to play something it comes up with a display error but a restart always fixes it). The Fans arent nearly dusty enough for them not to be spinning and the two that arent spinning are the middle and left one. Does anyone know why this could even be happening and maybe a possible fix?????

0 Likes
10 Replies

Sorry i didnt see this i put the specs in the reply below

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Need much more information on computer specs. Also you need to address if these are GPU fans or case fans. Reading your post sounds like GPU fans.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

Yea it is my GPU fans and after the initial issue i just restarted my pc a lot but nothing fixed it until i did a windows update (all 3 fans were spinning and it was fine) then i shut down my pc after a couple hours and when i turned it back on a day later the same issue started occuring and hasnt stopped since

AMD Graphics Card Make & Model

• ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX6700XT O12G GAMING
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 22.11.1
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II Bios 4007
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • EVGA 750 GQ 750 W 80+ Gold
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
0 Likes

You need to change this setting in the adrenalin software(I have the same Card on latest drivers)

rpm settings.jpg

0 Likes

Turned it off but nothing changed only one of the fans spins still even during a stress test.If i had to guess i would say that some sort of other software is messing with the gpu fans but idk where to check that or even if i can.I have thought of doing a factory reset on adrenalin but idk if that would work plus i would prefer to avoid that. I could send a snapshot of my settings if you want

0 Likes

Make sure advanced control is enabled and then hit apply.

0 Likes

Yep i did

Capture.PNG

0 Likes

Remember,when you make a change,the "apply" button appears,you have to hit it after each change.

apply button.jpg

0 Likes

I can tell you rn with 100% certainty that i have hit that button too many times trying to figure out whats going on