cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Rezanix
Adept I

On the AMD 6900 XT system, the colors on the screen are oversaturated.

Hi, for the last 3 days the colors on the screen seem oversaturated, especially in red colors. The colors are very warm and feel as if they are phosphorescent Normally, if I look at the PC for 20 hours, my eyes do not get tired, but when I look at the PC as it is, I turn it off after 30 minutes, it makes me sleepy. Although I don't know exactly what this problem is called, I guess I can say "Oversaturated." The problem started about 3-4 weeks ago when the AMD graphics card driver crashed and after being on a gray screen for 1 minute, there were saturated colors when the screen arrived. But when I reset the PC, the colors were reverting to their former state and there was no problem. For the last 3 days, this problem has remained permanent, no matter what I do, I have not been able to find a solution in any way. I searched many sources and could not find a topic about this problem. I don't know what to do that made me cool off looking at the PC screen and using it.

Solutions I've tried so far:

- I reset the monitor to factory settings.
- I uninstalled and reinstalled the AMD graphics driver with DDU.
- I uninstalled the AMD video card driver with DDU and tested it without installing any drivers.
- I formatted the PC.
- I reset the BIOS.
- I removed the video card from the case and reinstalled it.
- I unplugged the DP cable and tried it on different inputs.

I couldn't find a similar thread with this issue anywhere. Maybe I'm using the wrong keywords. When I searched for the gray screen error, I could not find anything about the saturation color problem, which is the main problem, although I saw the issues recently opened by 6900XT + Samsung Odyssey G7 users.

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 6900 XT Nitro+
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G7 LC27G75TQSMXUF 27"
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard: Msi Meg X570 Unify
PSU: Asus Rog Thor 850W 80+ Platinum

18 Replies
Swaper
Adept I

I have same problem on my new Samsung monitor. I noted, when drivers are uninstalled - everything fine with colors. And colors become more reddish when drivers installed.

I've looked in many places but haven't seen anyone having the same problem. Honestly, it's oddly nice to see someone else having the same issue. What is your video card? Were you able to fix the problem and if not, what do you plan to do?

0 Likes

ASUS TUF 6900 xt
seems this  problem exist on web-based application, i  partially fix it by seting  RGBs profile for monitor. But "steam" still showing violet instead of blue. I also  changed Chrome settings to RGB palette. For  now I planing to wait  when AMD fix it,  becouse it's not critical for me. 

0 Likes

Any progress on the card?

0 Likes

I have a problem with all Windows, not just Chrome. I'm partially correcting the AMD software color settings and waiting for AMD to fix the problem. Should I send it to the RMA?

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

It sure sounds like a driver problem.  Can you try a much earlier version of the AMD drivers?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

I tried 3-4 different versions. All versions have problems, but some versions have more saturated colors. I am currently using version 22.3.

DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Monitor drivers status? 
Look for color profile for your monitor matrix? 
What is set in these places? 

DimkaTsv_0-1661651090013.png

Can we get an example of these oversaturated colors? There are some examples of Nvidia and AMD rendering colors differently between each other with Nvidia making them bleaker in comparsion. But oversaturation of red is something i hadn't heard about yet

Also without driver your system or monitor can use sRGB profile, which is less saturated by default as it covers less gamut than your monitor supports

As I mentioned at the beginning, I tried many drivers and they didn't work.

There is no problem with the AMD Radeon software either, I encountered this problem when I was in factory settings.

0 Likes

purple.jpgsteam.jpg

0 Likes

Did you solve the problem?

0 Likes

nope. Waiting  for fixing it in drivers

0 Likes

Hello i had same issue on RX 6750 XT with monitor Dell S2721DGFA, i think the problem is because of 10 bit color depth, i found two ways to fix it. My driver version is 22.11.1, Windows 11.
1. Just enable 10-Bit Pixel Format in Graphics settings
Second fix (10-Bit Pixel format option disabled)
2. Go to Display settings, enable Custom Color then disable "Color Temperature Control".
You can also try both options, but on my monitor the colors are faded after this.

0 Likes

not works for me((

0 Likes
Mtq
Adept I

Hello i had same issue on RX 6750 XT with monitor Dell S2721DGFA, i think the problem is because of 10 bit color depth, i found two ways to fix it. My driver version is 22.11.1, Windows 11.
1. Just enable 10-Bit Pixel Format in Graphics settings
Second fix (10-Bit Pixel format option disabled)
2. Go to Display settings, enable Custom Color then disable "Color Temperature Control".
You can also try both options, but on my monitor the colors are faded after this.

Hello, I've been using the 2nd solution (to disable the Color Temperature Control) you mentioned for about 3 months, but you may have noticed that the old colors are not the same. This solution only partially eliminates the problem and makes the colors fade. I don't think there is an alternative solution that completely eliminates the problem, returning the colors to normal. I plan to send the graphics card to warranty service in a few months.

0 Likes

Just try 1st option and make sure you installed monitor drivers from Samsung website (You can also try update firmware if possible).
On my monitor colors are perfect as they should be.

0 Likes

I tried option 1 but unfortunately nothing changed. Unfortunately the problem appears to be hardware related.

0 Likes