cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

koolarry
Journeyman III

Older drivers for rx 5700 xt??

Where do I find older drivers for rx 5700 xt?

I have a new system with rx 5700 xt & when I load a game the screen goes black & I can hear sound but the keyboard is dead & then I must reboot.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Larry

P.S. right now the card has the newest drivers.

0 Likes
5 Replies
koolarry
Journeyman III

The screen goes into pixel colors(you can see all the pixels in different colors) & can hear sound.

What is causing this? How do I fix it?

This is a bran new system & video card should run games!

Larry

0 Likes

I know this issue is old but others like myself run into it too. 

I had to reset windows. Windows for some reason can update past 2020 version. Meaning NONE of the "previous drivers" from AMDs utterly useless driver website work, all of them cause massive errors or don't install at all because they can't operate on windows from 2020. If you reset your system you'll need the first 2019 driver. Problem is that 2019 driver is in itself full of errors. Im stuck with problems because AMD for some stupid reason decided people shouldnt have access to older drivers. In case it was not clear enough AMD your website only contains new 2021 drivers, all the "previous" drivers are from 2021 you give us no access to actually old drivers compatible with a newly reset windows 10! 

It is also not properly explained anywhere that old windows versions don't work at all with the new drivers! they ll pretend to run the compatibility check, uninstall your old amd driver and then when the system reboots you are left with a system without any driver installed except windows build in basic low functionality driver that doesnt even support two displays. Great job AMD. 

0 Likes

The latest AMD Drivers must have the latest supported version of Windows and fully updated via Windows Update to work correctly.

To get older drivers you can go to 3dGURU that has all the AMD Drivers from the latest to Crimson Catalyst: https://www.guru3d.com/files-categories/videocards-ati-catalyst-vista-win-7.html

Here is a partial list from 3dGURU AMD Drivers:

Screenshot 2021-11-21 073159.png

EDIT: Make sure whatever AMD driver you choose it supports the RX5700XT GPU card.

Posted the correct image showing 2019 last AMD drivers as you requested.

@elstaci  has given good advice here. Since you jumped into a old post you have to furnish some information...like what OS / processor / and like which card you have (exactly).

I would guess that there are yellow error marks in Device Manager ?

Screenshot_1.png

And your smart remarks doesn't tend to encourage anyone to help....but I guess you face that in everyday life. Try reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People". It's a start.