cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

wyll001
Journeyman III

Re: Older card faster than newer one(amd dev takes note)

you seem to be ignoring one important fact: they were not built for the same purpose, any reputable manufacturer of quality will release, either being phones, cars, or even food, will make different models for different purposes

• phone DD3 (2017) is great for social networking, it has a fast data connection, it has no slowdowns while multitasking and has a 1080@60 camera
  • phone ZX 7 (2017) is your best gaming companion, it has a vivid display, screen response is 50ms, and can handle 3D graphics with very little heating
  • phone DD6 (2020) it had fast 5G connectivity, there's no noticeable slowdowns while multitasking, and it has a 4K camera
  • phone ZX max 2 (2020) it has a vivid display with high refresh rate, the screen response can be as little as 10ms, and it can handle 3D graphics with little to no heating

while is true, you can any phone for social networking, phone ZX7 still will outperform phone DD6 for gaming, as true as phone ZX max 2 can be used for social networking, it still will perform as average as a $50 phone on non-3D heavy tasks

in my case, for example, I have an old AMD II X4 955, it was built to be an any purpose CPU for your main computer, it can run any game even from today standard without any issues, it can also be overclocked, but I never even had the need to, it can ve used for video editing or video rendering and I had a great time in blender

so, in sort, one trash is another's treasure, you need to consider having a different PC for gaming and work

0 Likes
mutantxdvd
Adept III

Can you check on this post i made about drivers issues above 19.Q4.1

https://community.amd.com/thread/252957 

0 Likes
amdog
Adept I

why you "only game on workstation gpu's"? o.o the only sense it makes is that you work with your GPU.

0 Likes
mutantxdvd
Adept III

Why not game with them? i can do work, editing and gaming, perfect package. 

ATM though, I'm not using a workstation GPU, My WX 4100 i gave to my wife because she needed one. My W5000, W7000 are backups now, I bought a 570 8GB. The Other workstation GPUs are out of my price range, some of these cards are very very expensive. So on my main computer i am using now i will use my 570 8gb that's coming, but on my secondary rig, i plan to buy a WX 7100 or W5500. 

So i will always pretty much use workstation gpus , they do editing well, etc and gaming just fine. 

amdog
Adept I

thats what i said, it makes sense if you work with ur gpu.

0 Likes
fsadough

I checked your ticket. Indeed you might have a faulty card.

expatiate
Adept II

Yes indeed, that's why it was RMA'd... But still waiting for my replacement nearly five weeks later. Anyhoo, your attention is very much appreciated, as always. You're doing a great job fsadough Thank you.

fsadough

I already expedited your RMA request.

mutantxdvd
Adept III

Are there updated bios for the W7000, just curious?

current version from the radeon settings shows

2012/09/10

0 Likes
fsadough

Can only say by Bios Part No. 113-xxxxx, if there is a new one.

0 Likes