cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hoppiez
Journeyman III

Odd flickering and visual artifacts experienced in Quake Champions (w/ video)

I've noticed some strange visual anomalies from time to time. For example, sometimes there's this flashing flicker that will happen, here's a video of it that I captured: https://vimeo.com/573524017

In order to see the flicker, you need to play it at 60 FPS, so make sure its playing above 30+. The visual artifacts I did not capture. Anyways, the flickering happens once maybe every few games and the artifacts are still quite rare, but there.

I've tried just about everything to fix this (GPU is not hot either). Clean install of drivers, reinstalling the game, verify integrity of game cache, sfc scannow, undervolting GPU, etc. 

Last important thing to note is that I am playing on a 60 hz monitor. Vsync seems to somewhat reduce the issue, but it happens in quite a sparse manner so who knows. Either way, could this be something on AMD's side or is there something wrong with my system? My PC is a relatively new prebuilt and this is not an issue in other games.

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: RX 580

Display: ZOWIE RL LCD (BNQ7F4F) 60 hz

Motherboard: ASRock b450m/ac

RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX

Storage: Western Digital 2 TB HDD & 240 GB SSD

PSU: 600 W EVGA 80 Gold Plus

Windows 10 64-bit

For a more detailed list of specifications, here is my CPU-Z validation link: https://valid.x86.fr/0cuwfg

0 Likes
3 Replies
urielejh
Elite

yeah, i experience flickering/flashing in the desktop too and games crash/bsod like hell. bad 21.6.2, very bad. tried with win10 and win11.

0 Likes

Anyone have suggestions or have any idea of what can be causing this? It seems to only happen in one game, Quake Champions. Some other people on a discord shared similar issues with an AMD system. I'm still not sure if this is an issue with AMD or I have a defective GPU, which doesn't make sense. Temps are always below 70 C for the most part and I've used DDU to rule out driver issues.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Try to disable the adrenaline in amd radeon anti lag, radeon enchanted sync

0 Likes