Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Not being able to turn on crossfire

Hi everyone
I am new here and i have a crossfire problem

So to start . i have an Asus Maximus VI Gene Mb with an i5 4670k cpu ,16gb of ddr 3 mem and Hd 7950 and just added another HD 7950 and a crossfire bridge
,i removed the drivers and cleaned the reg, put in the second card  , and connected the bridge , installed the new drivers (17.7.2 and tried also 17.8.1) but i wont get the crossfire option, and then on a limb i tried installing  the old CCC (13.9) drivers and then the crossfire option showed up , but as soon as i install a newer driver , it goes away , so i have no idea what wrong , windows detects  both cards ...... hope anyone here can help me

with thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: Not being able to turn on crossfire

The crossfire dont enable it self, on 17.8.1 for exemple, go to Crimson/Games/Global Configurations/Global Graphic or select a especific game if you want the game to run in crossfire or not and you should see there the option for crossfire.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

i know it does not self enable , i am saying that i dont get the option to enable it , ( neither in global settings , nor specific game profile settings )

screenshot1.jpgscreenshot2.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

yeah is strange the issue... the option it should be there, roll back the driver to some good version and report to AMD so they can fix in next driver update

AMD Issue Reporting Form

0 Kudos