Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lukie85
Adept I

not able change my 2nd monitor resolution RX 6600 XT

Hi, 

After I change the graphic card, I can't change my 2nd screen resolution, and the resolution is much smaller than it should be.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but the issue still exists.

1st monitor: 34" DP connection (3440*1440)

2nd monitor: 24" HDMI connection (1920*1080)

Graphics card: RX 6600 XT

lukie85_0-1629285807951.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

I just managed to fix this issue.

1) create a custom resolution for the 2nd monitor. 

lukie85_0-1635551314423.png

2) After that, there the option of the resolution appears in the display setting 

lukie85_1-1635551340651.png

Now finally I can use my 2nd monitor.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
hitbm47
Forerunner

Hi @lukie85 

Do you have it set to "Duplicate Displays" or 'Extend these displays"? Furthermore, maybe you can try to enabled Virtual Super Resolution, and then you might be able to select "Extend these displays" and therefore have both screens running at the resolution of the first monitor.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Hi @hitbm47 , 

Thanks for the reply.

I have been using "extend these displays" with my old graphic card (Nvidia 750ti), it was fine before I changed to current graphics card.

I tried what you said, but still not working.

lukie85_0-1629289220822.png

display 2 don't have the option

lukie85_2-1629289316990.png

Hi @lukie85 

I see your display settings are set to Portrait, I am uncertain if that can cause an issue, but even though you said you did an uninstall, I would recommend the following steps:

• Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller)
  • Restart computer in safe mode
  • Open DDU, then select the GPU option and then Nvidia option (even if you have already uninstalled Nvidia, this will make sure all the registries are removed). Uninstall Nvidia with DDU without restarting or exiting DDU.
  • Then Uninstall AMD driver in DDU with the restart option.
  • When Windows reboots have the Radeon driver ready for install.

If it persists it is possibly a bug with Radeon software, so I would report the issue through the bug-report tool and hope they fix it, and for the meantime possibly use an older driver that works.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Hi @hitbm47 

I followed the steps you mentioned, I still having the issue.

I ordered an HDMI to DP adapter, it's on the way, see if it helps.

Hi @lukie85 

Sorry I could not help, have you tried testing it only on the problematic screen with the primary cable you are using for your 4K screen?

It may be a driver issue, since your graphics card is very new.

0 Likes

Hi @hitbm47 

I tried with my problem screen alone, it stays in low resolution. 

Thanks for your help, hope the new driver version can solve this issue.

Maybe a driver needs to be installed for this monitor, or maybe as you say it is some HDMI compatibility problem

0 Likes

This is an old monitor, don't need driver. I also checked the website, doesn't have the driver for this model.

My adapter is on the way, will update here the outcome once I tried it.

0 Likes

Just got my adapter, same issue...

0 Likes

Looks very similar to the problem I've just created a new thread about... very weird!

0 Likes

Go to display setting and try to change resolution setting. If not, there can be hardware prob.

0 Likes

I just managed to fix this issue.

1) create a custom resolution for the 2nd monitor. 

lukie85_0-1635551314423.png

2) After that, there the option of the resolution appears in the display setting 

lukie85_1-1635551340651.png

Now finally I can use my 2nd monitor.

0 Likes
Rocks
Journeyman III

Having the same problem here except that i have only one monitor. Display resolution in windows is grayed and the only way to change it is to go in the amd program and as you said is to create a custom resolution at 1920x1080. Problem is that you need a second monitor to be able to do that and hope that this second monitor will be detected. The amd application does not scale down  to 640x480 and you cannot access the custom resolution button because you only see part of the display without being to schroll left and right . What a mess. I am upgrading from a Nvidia GTX1060 and never had a single problem like that. . Can't return this card (MSI 6600 xt) because newegg ha a no return, exchange only policy. Will never buy amd graphic card again

0 Likes

@Rocks

Have you tried doing a clean uninstall in safe mode with DDU and then installing brand new AMD drivers?

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Yes i did and no change. I tried to plug the computer on my 4k tv and it worked, seeing all the available resolutions in windows display parameters. For some bizarre reasons, it cannot detect my samsung pc monitor that has a FHD 60 hz display . I can also see in the graphic adapter popperties , in the event tab, that there is a device that has not started (amdwddmg). Is that related ? Any ideas ?

Screen capture.jpg

0 Likes

can you try to create the custom resolution here? 

amd setting.png

0 Likes