Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fdgod
Journeyman III

No Sound From Samsug t32e310ew Connected Via HDMI - HD6570 Windows 7

Hi!

My problem is that I just bought a new tv and wanted to try out HDMI things. I successfully pluged in everything and learned everything how to use 2 monitor at the same time but wanted to watch a movie and I have realized that there is no audio from the tv/monitor even if it's detected in my pc and set as default audio device. I have read a lot about this and as i can figure it out, the problem may be the drivers or something with the Catalyst Control Center but I'm newbie in these things.

Here i can give you some information about my PC and the tv/monitor:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_5.png

About the Tv: it's a Samsug t32e310ew tv/monitor

I have and old PC, with one strange/old HDMI output

One more thing I have realized is that when i set the tv as default and start a music program like virtual dj it wil say that "no sound card"

Help me Ehm sorry for bad grammar.

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
29 Replies
fsadough

What do you mean by "one strange/old HDMI"? Haven't you connected the HDMI cable to your Radeon HD 6570 graphics card?

0 Likes

It's connected, i mean i don't know if it support audio too, or evey hdmi support audio? This is the first time i'm using my hdmi output from the pc. My tv has 2 hdmi port, a hdmi dvi and a hdmi stb, i have tried both, but still no audio from the tv.

0 Likes

• HDMI DVI has no sound.
  • You keep talking about PC. Are you connecting the HDMI cable from TV to your Radeon HD 6570?
0 Likes

Yes it's connected, and it works except the audio cannot come from the tv. !

0 Likes

Run EDID viewer and provide the output

0 Likes

Which one i have to download it and how to use it? And it safe for my tv?

0 Likes

just google edid viewer.

0 Likes

it is edid VIEWER and not EDITOR. You can't break anything with EDID Viewer

0 Likes

Will try that out soon just have to get some info about it, thank you

0 Likes

I just installed EDID viewer but i don't know how to use it cause there is no instruction about it, just opened my tv's EDID file and i see a lot of information, like this RAW data and that's all, can you help me? <3

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

And that's it? I don't have to anything else?

0 Likes

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

I heard about some issues with catalyst 1.5.7.1 or somethinf like that, could be that too? I tried to uninstall the install back without the Hdmi driver but without that my pc cant even see the tv. Any idea?

0 Likes

Not really sure what you are asking. But if you want sound over HDMI you need to install the AMD Sound Driver if that's what you mean.

0 Likes

I have installed the driver, still no sound, what can i do?

0 Likes

I need the EDID file

0 Likes

0 Likes

Any solution?

0 Likes

I do not see any Audi block in the EDID

0 Likes

What DVI to HDMI convertor are you using? I am asking because I had 2 older cards that the audio would only pass through with the ATI oem convertors a 4870 and 6870. Tried a couple others before finding orignial oem ATI ones on ebay. That did the trick and the audio worked. If the one you are using came with your card, then not sure what is going on. Looks like your settings are correct.

0 Likes

You mean my video card's HDMI output is only DVI? I'm so newbie in this, I'm just using a high speed HDMI audio-video cable, no convertor or stuff like that O.o And how can i check if my card support hdmi audio?

0 Likes

I thought you were going from DVI on your card to HDMI on your TV. If you are using an HDMI port on your card then not sure what is going on. But I believe that generation of card supports audio through the DVI too if you have the right convertor to HDMI. So sorry if I just confused things.

0 Likes

I'm using just the HDMI ports, but stil nothing, no problem man, thanks for tryong to help, have to try out that edid viewer soon but if somebody knows a solution pls help

0 Likes

I might add to that on my R9 380, my HDMI port crapped out all together, but I was still able to go to HDMI through the DVI. In the end you may just have a bad port possibly. Have you tried various drivers to see if any others work?

0 Likes

I did not try any other drivers except once i updated my drivers but i had to roll it back cause after update i couldn't even see that HDMI is plugged in, i'm confused, how can i check if my port is bad?

0 Likes

I just decided mine must be bad as it no longer worked. I have now been through several drivers and still doesn't work. Luckily I could still go the dvi to hdmi route.

0 Likes

I'm gonna try that. Dvi is good as Hdmi or what's the difference between them?

0 Likes

I think at least up to 1080p and even 2k they are pretty equivilent. I think there are some difference though in what DVI can't do that Display port can. I think at 4k you even need the latest versions of HDMI for all the latest abilities.

0 Likes