cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

prodark
Adept I

No signal on monitor after upgrade GPU

I have a problem, I upgraded my GPU with a XFX Radeon RX 6600 XT Speedster SWFT 210 Core Gaming 8GB GDDR6 128-bit, from an gtx 1050ti g1 gaming 4gb. when i boot my pc at first the GPU fans worked, i put my password and then on monitor it says "DVI no signal" after some retries gpu fans stopped working, then i changed the slot with the secondary one, gpu fans work for 4 seconds then stops, its not from my cable that connects the monitor, i thought it could be from my power source (500W 85+ bronz) but i see that i have the minimum requirements, i dont really know what's the problem.

0 Likes
12 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

It could well be the PSU if it's min recommended.

I see it's a bronze, so what make is it?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

ya could be PSU, here are a few other things i would try. Do you have a dual bios on that card? if so try the other one and see if it changes. Could try a driver-only install because adrenalin can cause a heap of problems in some systems. Also, try re-seating your card, if you have a riser cable and not plugged directly into the motherboard, try plugging directly in, check the system Bios and make sure re-bar is turned on for the direct access memory and nothing looks out of wack. Those are a few things I would try. Welcome to AMD GPU's!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

I dont have dual bios on the card, driver only install i would try, i have a good cable, i dont know the re-bar you are talking about unfortunatelly

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Resizable Bar can increase performance on AMD cards. Are you able to get any signal out of the GPU at all?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

No, i tried to remove the CMOS and didint work, when I put out one ram It worked for a while, I mean the fans didnt work (but that after a bit of reasearch is not a problem) i put my password it said welcome but after that when it tried to get on my desktop instantly says "DVI no signal" and after that it tried to "connect" again to the monitor but goes dark with the DVI no signal

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

@prodark Go into your bios and turn on the resizable bar if it's not on. what that does in layman's terms makes the processor and GPU work hand in hand and share resources. might not fix the problem, but it should still be on. Did you do a motherboard bios update? if you are using a riser cable for your GPU, I'd still try plugging GPU into the motherboard directly. I thought I had a good cable too and it turned out to be the problem. also if you can get into adrenalin try the auto undervolt option so it draws less power and see if that helps narrow things down.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

@prodark I would also try the HDMI 2.1 and the DisplayPort on that card and see, but yes, it could be cable if it is HDMI 2.1 plugged into HDMI 1 port vice versa. I looked at the card you have and there are various output specs.
DisplayPort: 1.4 with DSC
HDMI™:
 2.1 VRR and FRL
Output :
 Display Port 3
Output:
 HDMI 1

I'd make sure I have a cable that you are sure meets one of those specs and try that output. what kind of monitor do you have? sometimes it really is that simple

0 Likes

I did everything I could do, on reddit some had PSU with 500 W bronz and they say it works fine, i tried with a 2.1 cable at some friend who has a monitor with HDMI and it didnt show anything on screen, even the fans didnt worked (if the fans are working the monitor works as well) i did the bios, I reinstalled my windows, it workd for like 10 seconds and then "DVI no signal" then if i restart it doesnt work at all. I installed windows twice to see if it works the same and it does, I tried to go in bios mode and it didnt worked at all. If i had a problem with my components it shouldn't work with my old GPU, I even put my components to see if they exceed the 500 W PSU and in total they are like 360.I mean if the HDMI port didnt worked I wouldn't had the 10 second window in the first place. I think the GPU is broken or smth

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

@prodark I'm not sure what else you could try. Your old GPU still works right? RMA might be the way to go at this point. If everything works with the old GPU the only thing I'd try which I'm sure you did, was to install the drivers before installing the card.

0 Likes

I tought of that too and i reinstalled my windows and it worked for like 5 secons then stopped. I returned the GPU tho.

Vynski
Exemplar

The only XFX product I ever purchased was an HD 5700.  It was DOA.  Other cards worked fine but any time I installed this one in various machines it failed.  Returned it and never looked at another XFX again.  That was about 12-13 years ago.  It could just be the card is bad.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
vialli100
Forerunner

@Vynski I had exactly the same with XFX many years back and never used another of theirs.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.