Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

KToMmi
Journeyman III

No signal from RX 6700XT

Hi all,
I have just installed an RX 6700 XT graphics card into my setup, but I get no signal to the monitor whatsoever. Specifically, it's a Gigabyte Aorus Elite version. 
Previously I had a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super installed, and it worked flawlessly. Even now, if I swap it back in place of the new RX 6700 XT, the system behaves perfectly.
But with the 6700XT installed, all I get is black screen and No Signal from the card. Nothing ever comes up on the screen, not even the motherboard manufacturer's boot logo or the BIOS screen. I tried every port on the card, both DisplayPort's and both HDMI's, and the cables are working fine, so I suppose it's not an issue of the outputs.
The PC seems to start fine when I press the power button: the CPU fan kicks in, so do the case fans, and so does the GPU with its fans and its lights turning on.

Since the system behaves perfectly with the 2070 Super, I am starting to believe that there's some sort of incompatibility between the motherboard and the GPU, or some setting to be tuned. Can you point me to the solution of this very annoying issue?
I have read that some people solved their issues by forcing the PCIe speed of the motherboard (through the BIOS) to Gen3, instead of leaving it to Auto. I tried to do the same, forcing Gen2 )since my BIOS doesn't offer the Gen3 option in the selection menu), but nothing changed.

Is anyone aware of any known issues or compatibility issues with this product? Is there something I can do to make it work properly? Or is it just an unlucky faulty card? It took a huge effort for me to get one, so I'd like to only RMA when I'm 100% sure it's the card's fault.

My system is composed as follows:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600
- Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
- RAM: G.Skill 16GB (2x8) DDR4 3200 MHz, model Ripjaws V
- SSD: Kingston A400, 250GB
- PSU: EVGA B3 550W

Thanks a lot for your support. Please come back to me as soon as possible.

0 Likes
4 Replies
oakev
Adept I

I got the same issue

0 Likes

I just solve my problem , I change my bios setting before install 6700xt, disable the secure boot, and I use uefi mode 

0 Likes
Mousty
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, new 6700xt no display card turns on and lights up, I can't even get into the bios 

0 Likes
Mousty
Journeyman III

Did you solve the problem I have the same issue new 6700xt no display at all can't even get into the bios but card turns on fine lights up and everything 

0 Likes