Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gmokgnok
Adept I

No sensors & lags with my 5700 XT

Graphic info.pngSensors 5700XT.png

Impossible to have informations about my gpu... What should I do ? I have some lags too... I watercooled my card so I can't be refunded...

7 Replies
philipkinq
Journeyman III

I have this same problem, AMD pliz help !

0 Likes

Not sure but you have learned a valuable lesson. Never mod anything until you are happy with it at defaults. 

0 Likes
hexoblivione
Adept I

Do you have a 144Hz screen?

Do you have FreeSync enabled?

Do you have more than one monitor enabled?

These are the factors that are involved with the issue for me.  But, unlike a lot of other people, I get sensor data up until I launch a game.  My theory is that it's because the refresh rate is changing and by some combination of factors, FreeSync and/or multi-monitors being the main ones, it causes some sort of silent driver crash.  AFAIK AMD has not acknowledged this missing sensor issue.  I wish they would.

For me, disabling FreeSync "fixes it".  Which isn't ideal.

The issue would be one for GPU-Z, as opposed to AMD.  Instead, open up Radeon Settings/Gaming/Global Settings/Global Wattman  and if you see the values you expect to see then you know your GPU is functioning as it's designed.  You should send GPU-Z an error report about the bug--it wasn't until a recent version of GPU-Z that the program would even read the 5700XT sensors correctly, in fact.  Seems a good program--tell them about the bug--they'll probably fix it.

hexoblivione wrote:

Do you have a 144Hz screen?

Do you have FreeSync enabled?

Do you have more than one monitor enabled?

These are the factors that are involved with the issue for me.  But, unlike a lot of other people, I get sensor data up until I launch a game.  My theory is that it's because the refresh rate is changing and by some combination of factors, FreeSync and/or multi-monitors being the main ones, it causes some sort of silent driver crash.  AFAIK AMD has not acknowledged this missing sensor issue.  I wish they would.

For me, disabling FreeSync "fixes it".  Which isn't ideal.

0 Likes

I'm not using GPU-Z.  I lose all sensor data in Wattman, and also AIDA64.

0 Likes
star4870
Journeyman III

Thank you hexoblivione,

Disconnecting second monitor sorted the issue for me. Free sync did nothing. Now after reconnecting the monitor all working fine.

0 Likes
gmokgnok
Adept I

Boys, this is good, very good ! I found a solution : I have a 1440P 75Hz monitor so I used CRU to control the fps. When I'm at 60hz, everything is fine... Wattman is working and no more lags. I also changed my riser cable to a premium one ! Now I can enjoy my watercooled pc... AMD you should communicate more about 1440P & 75hz... I saw a discussion about it, I wasn't very confident but I tried it and it worked !

I think Amd is losing a lot of credibility for no reason... All they have to do is being clear... They should create a "software" to analyse your hardware and then make hypothesis about possible issues, how to test the card step by step etc...

Anyway, I am now, 2 months after buying the mfcard, HAPPY !

0 Likes