cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

twcbiker
Adept I

No Eyefinity with my AMD Radeon RX 580 Video Card with 16 GB of ram

I tried to setup 3 monitors to use when gaming and using Flight simulator.  I could not get them to work properly as apparently, my AMD Radeon RX 580 Video Card with 16 GB of ram does not include the needed EyeFinity.  Is there no way to make this working without spending a ton on a new video card that I cannot afford?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DarkAmethyst
Adept I

I recall having an issue getting Eyefinity to work myself, with an RX480. I similarly have 16GB of RAM.

For some reason Eyefinity doesn't seem to be listed inside of the Radeon Software anymore, but if you go to the install directory for that, (C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\ in my case) you should find a program called EyefinityPro.exe

The fastest way to find the program will be to search for the AMD Radeon Software in the Start menu, right click it and open its file location. EyefinityPro should be in that folder too.

If you open that it should let you it up without issue?

Desktop: i7-4770, 16GB DDR3, ASRock Z87 Pro4 and ✨XFX Radeon RX480 8GB✨
Laptop: Acer Swift 3 (Ryzen 4500U, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD) in ~purple~

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DarkAmethyst
Adept I

I recall having an issue getting Eyefinity to work myself, with an RX480. I similarly have 16GB of RAM.

For some reason Eyefinity doesn't seem to be listed inside of the Radeon Software anymore, but if you go to the install directory for that, (C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\ in my case) you should find a program called EyefinityPro.exe

The fastest way to find the program will be to search for the AMD Radeon Software in the Start menu, right click it and open its file location. EyefinityPro should be in that folder too.

If you open that it should let you it up without issue?

Thank you.  I found it.  Guess I have to hook up the other monitors again, if I can find some way to hook 3 hdmi monitors up to an RX580 with only one hdmi hookup!

Pleased ya found it~

I might be wrong, but I think HDMI can be passively adapted to DisplayPort so ya should be able to get some adaptors pretty cheaply. I know that worked for me adapting a DVI monitor to DisplayPort.