cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sppv
Journeyman III

New RX580 Keeps Crashing

The fans on my old 6850 died so I bought a new PowerColor RX580 8GB and right from the start its been nothing but problems. When gaming it will either freeze my PC forcing me to power it off or flat out crash and reboot it.

Ive disabled the zero RPM and set fan control to auto, increased its max power to +25%. Tried using DDU to unistall drivers and reinstall both the driver that shipped with the card and latest from AMD site. Ive even switched out the OS HDD and did a fresh Windows install but it keeps crashing. And its even on games that the card shouldnt even break a sweat on like Red Alert 3. Even with its borked fans my 6850 can run Red Alert 3 at max with no crashes. And the game crashes started after switching to the new card so I know its the card

PC specs

GA-970A-UD3 motherboard

FX-8350 CPU

PowerColor RX580 8GB

8GB DDR3 RAM

Win7 x64 HomePremium SP1 with latest updates

CoolerMaster PP 650w PSU

Games/apps that crash even at low settings

Dead Rising 3

Red Alert 3 Uprising

Resident Evil 2 Remake

FFMPEG MP4 video conversion

Pinnacle Ultimate video encoding

This seems to be a recurring issue with these cards so really what I would like to see is AMD quit being lazy and address the issue instead of leaving it to users to play blind guy in the mine field trying to fix it via trial and error

2 Replies
ivanchiu12
Journeyman III

fixed?

0 Likes
brined
Journeyman III

i have the same problem and have tried the above solutions as well. I am furious about this and have wasted dozens of hours on this!  #amd rx580#problem rx580#amd rx580#rx580 black screen#amd rx580

AMD Corporate

Radeon Pro Graphics

0 Likes