cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

benji123
Journeyman III

New RX580 Build display driver keeps crashing - Card has been replaced but issue stil present

Hi All,

Built my new custom PC just before Xmas:

Ryzen 1600X

MSI B350 Tomahawk MB

Sapphire Nitro RX580 8GB

650W PSU

My GPU drivers keep crashing "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered" almost instantly when a game has started and even when doing simple things like browsing the web.

I originally thought my GPU was faulty but I've recently had it replaced with the same model. issue is still present. Windows 10 has been reinstalled multiple times, Ive tried many GPU drivers (currently using the latest adrenalin) and everything is updated.

The issue seems to be common but so far I haven't found anything that's fixed it. Any help is hugely appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies
cupitr
Adept I

Please post any solution if you find one. I'm having the same problem but I haven't replaced my card yet.

MSI RX 580 8GB Armor OC

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3

Ryzen 5 1600

2x4GB corsair vengeance running at 2133MHz

I've tried everything: drivers clean reinstall, Windows reinstall, memtest, old drivers, regedit to add tdrdelay, lowering core clock, etc.

System runs perfect when driver uninstalled. Sometimes I can play less demanding games, but if I exit and try to go back, driver or Radeon settings will usually crash.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

What driver version are you using? Have you tried an older/newer driver?

Have you tried increasing the GPU Power Limit to +50% in Wattman?

When you answer yes to both of those and if you experience the same issue, perhaps the fault lies elsewhere in the system, ie PSU or Motherboard, unstable CPU/Memory.

0 Likes

As there has been no update on this thread, I am locking the discussion.

If you are still experiencing the same issue, please start a new discussion and provide the essential information required by clicking this link > https://community.amd.com/thread/196209

0 Likes