Graphics

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: NEW RX570 NO AUDIO OVER HDMI

I got my RX 480 working with a BIOS update and the 20.4.2 driver

farnar
Journeyman III

I got mine to work. I had uninstalled Nvidia drivers, uninstalled the hdmi audio drivers, restarted, and nothing would work. then today I did a rollback to the hdmi audio driver and now it works.

0 Likes
vache
Journeyman III

I have found a solution works for me!

cheers!!

1) Goto Device Manager > System devices

2) Here you can see High Definition Audio Bus right click it and Update driver

3)

4) ** Click Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer **

5)

6) Click Next and you are done.

ig0rf
Journeyman III

I signed here just to say a great THANK YOU, vache!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
govcharov
Adept I

Have another solution. Nothing helped me from the previous answers. I had upgraded my AMD drivers to the newest 20.12 and HDMI Audio to my TV disappeared. The solution for me was to downgrade to my last driver version (as far as I remember) 18.1.1 https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-1-1Maybe I will be able to upgrade to a higher 18.xx version but I don't want to take that risk anymore.

1. Download AMD Cleanup Utility https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601#faq-Using-AMD-Cleanup-Utility. Run it to uninstall and clear all current driver versions.
  2. Download old drivers - try to remember what was your last driver version before the update and download it. Search in Google for the version, as finding it on the AMD website is complicated to nearly impossible.
  3. Install the old drivers and reboot. I did nothing more and after the reboot, the TV was in the menu - the same as before, along with my monitor audio out. Winning!

Screenshot 2020-12-20 000433.png

P.S. I tried to update my BIOS to the latest version, to install AMD 17.xxx drivers, to update Audio Bus from Device Manager - and nothing helped.

0 Likes
ckronengold
Journeyman III

Thanks, vache. Worked perfectly. 

Glad it was something easy. 

0 Likes
Aarjay
Journeyman III

Wow. Thank you for this. Spent they day trouble shooting my BENQ PD3200Q monitor and when I realized it wasn't the monitor next went to the graphics card. Found this forum in minutes. Such a relief! Thanks everyone and especially VACHE! 

0 Likes
jbeaman
Journeyman III

This is exactly my problem. when I check the "AMD Radeon Setttings, System, Software, AMD Audio Driver Version". It says the Audio Driver is NOT AVAILABLE.

0 Likes
julianjln007
Journeyman III

On my board too, I thought it was a problem with windows, so I formatted the entire machine for the sake of this problem, and it is not the first time that driver update affects PC audio! They're doing very poorly optimized it!

0 Likes
julianjln007
Journeyman III

On my board too, I thought it was a problem with windows, so I formatted the entire machine for the sake of this problem, and it is not the first time that driver update affects PC audio! They're doing very poorly optimized it!
0 Likes