Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

viniciusms
Journeyman III

Re: NEW RX570 NO AUDIO OVER HDMI

Exactly what I always have say here in the forum. The only solution is to

exchange the APU for a CPU.

Exatamente isso que eu sempre tenho digo aqui no fórum.

A única solução é trocar a APU por uma CPU.

Em Dom, 29 de dez de 2019 20:36, richradeon2395 <amd-external@jiveon.com>

escreveu:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: NEW RX570 NO AUDIO OVER HDMI in Graphics

0 Likes
kian2137
Journeyman III

I changed the CPU to get more performance from the RX 570 and also for

tanx for article

Contact us for more information about Gutter and Grating

0 Likes
athonaar
Journeyman III

I had the same problem with another GPU, after I updated to the latest adrenalin (20.1.1). My monitor (via HDMI) disappeared from options. I am not an expert so left the BIOS and another things untouched. But I solved my problem, reinstalled the MB's audio driver, and after restart the monitor reappeared in the sound options. I wrote it down, because maybe it will help somebody else too.

sully60
Adept I

I have a Ryzen 5 2400g system, a 2nd PC for use in a home theater setup. I had been experiencing multiple BSOD's ('video tdr' and 'video scheduler') errors. That's another story (Ryzen 5 2400G + BSOD "video tdr failure"). Anyhow, in the course of attempting to resolve, I installed a RX 560. Before installed RX 560, HDMI audio was visible in Sound Control panel and HDMI audio was connected. After install RX 560, HDMI disappears from Sound Control panel and no audio output through HDMI. I was able to use a 3.5 mm jack to RCA cable to connect audio output from motherboard to home theater receiver, apparently with good audio quality. (BTW: as of this post, the system has been up for 2 days with no BSOD).

Since there is audio through the motherboard, I don't think I have to seek a solution to the HDMI issue, but it would be better to not have another cable running through the setup. Just thought I add this info to this post.

mdheavy
Journeyman III

Hallo. The same problems at my pc. Ryzen5 3400g and e asus rog strix vega64. There is no sound over HDMI at the vega64. I can't downgread the bios at earlier numbers so far. Because of the support of the 3000 rycens ends at two or three steps down.

spawnlauncher
Journeyman III

I have done exactly the same thing, replaced the 2200G with a 2600 and now the HDMI sound issues are resolved.  Thanks AMD for crappy software

0 Likes
viniciusms
Journeyman III

Did you see that was exactly what I said about incompatibility between

onboard and offboard audio?

I can't understand why this happens...

But since i replaced my ryzen 2400g for ryzen 3600 it stopped the problem.

This is very bad for someone who wants to build a fully AMD computer.

Em sex, 6 de mar de 2020 20:29, spawnlauncher <amd-external@jiveon.com>

escreveu:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: NEW RX570 NO AUDIO OVER HDMI in Graphics

0 Likes
mdheavy
Journeyman III

Now i replace the Ryzen 5 3400g and take a Ryzen 7 2700 and the sound works at hdmi. That can't be the possebility. Thats the only troubleshooting in the moment for this problem.

0 Likes
jonathan9168
Adept I

It's such a shame that AMD haven't done anything about this. I'm still using this combo.I hope to get a the 5 3600 soon  

0 Likes
snuffles
Journeyman III

I came across this and a few other threads on this issue.

I built a PC for the first time in February consisting of;

A320m A Pro Max

Ryzen 3200G

SSD

HDD

8GB DDR4 3000 Ram 

using an HP 2710 monitor on HDMI I was gifted and the sound through its built-in speakers

It wasn't built for gaming but I got an awesome bench (for the price of the components) after adjusting only the RAM settings in bios following watching some jays2cents videos and wanted to see what I could manage with a cheap GPU. 

Anyway as the build and the bench went so well I was like "This PC building stuff is a walk in the park"

Enter RX570

After I installed the GPU the sound stopped working completely through HDMI from the GPU. So I came crawling in disgrace to the forums. 

Anyway, I came here, none of the fixes worked other than plugging a 3.5mm jack into the speaker port on the MB and then into the audio in for the monitor, not ideal as I had to move the case to get it close enough for the .5 meter 3.5mm lead to reach placing it under the desk and in the way of my feet...sad times ut at least I had sound and a working GPU. 

I took some advice and emailed MSI expecting nothing to really happen.

Last night I was looking at my next build for my Gfs gaming rig, wandering around the MSI website looking at the better boards and stumbled across my MB support page, (their search feature really sucks) Anyway, their latest bios firmware update has only one real element "Fix for RX570 Audio" The fact it was released the day after my email is probably a coincidence, but I wish they'd replied and said "actually we just fixed that" nevermind, downloaded, run M-flash, remove 3.5mm jack and presto (not pesto as my dodgy Amazons basics BT keyboard wanted to put)

All is well in the world and the audio works over HDMI from the GPU. 

What am I really trying to say ..Well, if anyone still has this problem and has an MSI board, they appear to have now fixed it with a Bios firmware update, but if there hasn't been a fix for you, maybe pestering your Mobo manufacturer might help as opposed to wasting hours on here like I did trying different things that probably won't work as its likely an MBfirmware issue. 

Good luck either way as i know how annoying this problem is (I have a bald patch from tearing so much hair out to prove it)

0 Likes