cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

pokester
MVP

Re: NEW RX570 NO AUDIO OVER HDMI

Well certainly try another output device, like headphones or another set of speakers to be sure. Also even when you have the right audio chosen doesn't mean the jacks are allocated properly. For instance after you re-install a realtek driver and plug a speaker into a jack. It will ask what you want to use that jack for. For instance is that front or rear or a sub or center channel or mic even. You can also chose to have the front and rear work independently of each other or have the one mute the other for instance if you plug a headphone into the front jack. So it's not impossible the jacks could be not assigned right. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver for you motherboard. if that doesn't help then yes contact support for your motherboard and ask them. A RMA may be in your near future! Good luck!

wwicky
Journeyman III

jonathan9168

Exactly the same thing happened when i installed my new MSI Armor Radeon RX 570 video card on Saturday..

I bought my new MSI B450M Mortar driven machine in July without a video card thinking i could run it using the onboard graphics and it does run, but doesn't run very well when it comes to games and heavy video editing and scored poorly in benchmark tests.

The HDMI sound was great when connected directly to the motherboard socket to my tv.

Since i installed the RX 570, i have not been able to get ANY SOUND at all through HDMI cable interface.

My Smart TV has been detected by the computer as it is visible in Control Panel, but i believe there is a physical error inside the video card that is stopping the audio drivers being correctly installed.

I have been going nuts trying to resolve this so i can play my beta version of Ghost Recon Breakpoint. I have lost that opportunity due to a faulty product, whether it is software of hardware fault, it is not good enough to release this for sale.

Peripherals used to be "plug and play".. now, it takes forever to configure something (sometimes).

I too have performed a full clean install of windows thinking that would correct this problem, but it did not and the audio is missing from the software itself when you check the "AMD Radeon Setttings, System, Software, AMD Audio Driver Version". It says the Audio Driver is NOT AVAILABLE. This is definitely a Software / Programming error which needs to be resolved ASAP.

I would be great if everyone would stop requesting everyone elses device information trying to guess what the problem could be, when it is the video card / software itself which is faulty. In my case, it is painfully obvious.

I have wasted my weekend trying to resolve this. Hope to see a resolution this week AMD tech staff.

pokester
MVP

AMD tech support will not see your request here. These are USER TO USER forums only and none of fix drivers. Just users like you. If you want a fix you need to talk to AMD: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
viniciusms
Journeyman III

Só me tire uma dúvida, o seu CPU é um APU? (2400G, 3400G, etc...)

Eu tive este problema até trocar o meu APU 2400G para um CPU 3600.

Acho que o driver de som da incompatibilidade quando se tem um APU Ryzen e um GPU AMD.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

The OP solved his problem of no Audio by downgrading his motherboard's BIOS version to an earlier version. Right after, another User with an similar Audio problem upgraded his motherboard's BIOS version to the latest and that solved his problem.

If you have the latest BIOS Version downgrade it to the previous BIOS version, as long as it still supports your CPU. But if you don't have the latest BIOS version, then upgrade it to the latest BIOS after updating your Motherboard's CHIP SET to the latest version from your Support Download page.

Then see if your Audio starts working again. If it doesn't, then I suggest you open an Online AMD Service Request and let them know what is happening.

0 Likes
jonathan9168
Adept I

No. I just fixed it by getting standalone speakers rather than trying to use the ones in the monitor.

richradeon2395
Journeyman III

Can anyone help me pls? I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM! I have the ASUS ROG STRIX RX 570 4GB with AMD Ryzen 2400G and ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING and i don't have sound over the HDMI in the RX but using the Vega 11 sounds without problem via HDMI, i just test the graphics card on my friends PC and the graphics works perfect and i have sound trough the HDMI so the card is not the problem, the motherboard has the problem, i update the BIOS and nothing change :c idk what should i do, i don't wanna use external speakers! help!

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

So no fix just worked around by using a DIFFERENT AUDIO SOURCE. 

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

bluetooth is a solution i found to be a lot more convenient

bluetooth receivers are available for home entertainment systems so that can be leveraged 

bluetooth speaker systems are not all that expensive

0 Likes
mikekane7
Adept I

Do you have some time in your hand? Can you simple follow this blog articles https://windowsmaximizer.com/blog/no-sound-windows-10/. Lots of articles there which are mainly written in order to solve the windows sound issue. I recently had the same sound issue and got a good solution from it. 

0 Likes