cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

justbecausi
Journeyman III

Re: NEW RX570 NO AUDIO OVER HDMI

I am having the same exact issue with the 2400g and 570 8gb on an MSI B450i. Guess I need to roll back my bios...

0 Likes
w_
Adept I

I hope you can  for me, I updated the bios, but I can‘t go back  

0 Likes
w_
Adept I

There is fix for me. ASRock send me a new BIOS 5.7 for my ab350 itx/ac board. I cant attach it here, but I can upload it via google drive if anyone needs it now. 

You have to go to ADVANCED SETTINGS -> AMD PBS -> (this is new) discrete gpu‘s audio: keep rom strap settings

It works! audio over hdmi is back. 

delyunquepr
Journeyman III

I have same board and same issues. Upgraded bios from F32 to F40, it's in the Gygabyte site. It solved my problems and AMD Audio now works like a charm. Thank you!!!

0 Likes
urkel
Journeyman III

Same Problem here with MSI b450m Gaming and Sapphire 8gb RX570 and 2200g.

Have to go back to 7B87v14 and the AUDIO Device is back.

No Fix from MSI yet

Sound no longer working after bios update 16 

0 Likes
akraid
Journeyman III

UPDATE:

As delyunquepr said, I upgraded to F40 and audio was fixed, unfortunately a few days later, my mobo went back to F32 for unknown reasons. Maybe I will try F41, but their instructions are so confusing If someone could post a detailed step by step instruction from F32 to F41, I would be very thankful!

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

akraid wrote:

UPDATE:

As delyunquepr said, I upgraded to F40 and audio was fixed, unfortunately a few days later, my mobo went back to F32 for unknown reasons. Maybe I will try F41, but their instructions are so confusing If someone could post a detailed step by step instruction from F32 to F41, I would be very thankful!

that is rather peculiar behaviour as the BIOS is usually not touched aside from updates

0 Likes
blewclouds
Adept II

I have the exact opposite problem. 

My HDMI connected monitor onboard speakers work but neither my front case audio jack or my back of case audio jacks work.  However, I do get audio from the monitor jack.  

If anyone knows a something that I don't, please help.  I've tried everything!

MB - Gigabyte x570 ITX / CPU - 3900X / GPU - 5700XT 50th / 16GB DDR3 / Windows 10 Home

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

You likely need to go into your sound settings and change you default playback to be you onboard sound not your HDMI audio from your GPU if that is how you want it.

This link explains how to do this if you are not familiar:

How to Change Default Audio Device in Windows 10 

0 Likes
blewclouds
Adept II

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already tried that.

Whenever I plug in my headphones or speakers via any audio jack its shows up and I can see it so I've already set it to default but for some reason  I get no sound.

I already RMA my MB so we'll see if I have the same problem.  I'm also wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that my monitor is actually a portable monitor that is being powered via my USB 3.0 port and signal through HDMI.

I'll try another monitor once I get my new board.

0 Likes