cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mackbolan777
Forerunner

New RX 6800 very impressive!

I was having issues with running FarCry 5 and just general grief for a while now. I was on the fence of whether to go "green" or try a 6000 series card after all the prior driver issues, error 18's, etc. So, I bought the Gigabyte RX 6800, for not exactly a deal at about $200 over MSRP but not a rip off either. It is a BEAST! I was in remorse over not having enough to buy the XT until I installed this. 

Overclocking was a snap. The 20.2.1 driver works fine. I have no complaints amazingly, none! Not saying all "partner" cards or reference models will run this well but mine's set to 2400 min/2500 max GPU clock, 2150 VRAM clock, 1.00mv and passes 3D Mark TimeSpy with incredible numbers. If I try lowering the VRAM the card performs worse. Reason i say that is some reviews mention the ceiling for the VRAM as 2100, not in my case. It never pegs those settings anyway in testing or games. It will hit 2501 or so GPU and VRAM will run fairly steady at 2140-48. Temps at 70c or so under full load.

An XT model doesn't have near the "headroom" for overclocking as they come running pretty "hot" out of the box. See attached results.TimeSpy RX 6800 best 1_13_2021.png

"It worked before you broke it!"
46 Replies