cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

utkucemdk
Adept I

New RX 590 crashes my PC. Buzzing sound then no signal.

So I bought a new GPU that is Sapphire RX590 Nitro+SE and it is crashing my pc. When im 5-20 min into a game a buzzing sound comes from speakers and no signal on monitor. But fans keep spinning. PC is still running but with no display and its frozen. And I've seen some people have the same issue with this GPU.

Thermaltake Litepower 650W.

4GB+4GB+8GB 1600 MHz vengeance ram. (tried one by one on different sockets)

FX8320 @4Ghz (tried stock 3.5ghz)

3HDD 1 SSD  (tried all 1 by 1. they're not the issue i'm 100%sure.)

Gıgabyte GA-970a-d3(tried reseating all cables coming from PSU)

PROBLEM: Sapphire RX590 Nitro+SE

*Tried both PCI-E Sockets.

*It is seated correctly tried reseating twice on both PCI-E sockets.

*Cleaned PCI-E Sockets with 100% alcohol. They're probably right now more hygenic than my kitchen.

*Tried last beta 19.1.1 driver and 18.12.2 driver on clean windows.

*Tried plugging to another Power supply 600W.

*Tried running FurMark. At %100  activity PC doesn't crash. But one time when I got bored and pressed ESC in one of the tests to stop, PC crashed.

*Clocks are not OC'd running at default values.

Anyone able to solve this problem ? PC runs without problem when I'm not playing games doesn't matter time. In games theres nothing weird no lag 60 fps ultra graphics in Total war Warhammer 2 for example. Anything comes to mind ? I'm not gonna send this to RMA yet. Takes too much time and I wanna play some games I was deployed for 6 months didn't even touch a PC.

Btw the PC doesn't restart when it crashes. It just sits with no signal on monitor, fans spinning and numlock light on on keyboard. I have to restart It myself.

49 Replies
neerd7
Adept I

Update because the issue is fixed for me. The problem was the PSU all along, it was either too weak(antec bronze 550w) or a faulty unit. Upgraded my psu and everything's been fine ever since. It's probably not a GPU issue.

0 Likes

Hello friend, what is your graphics card? And your problem was really solved just by changing the power supply?
0 Likes

Sadly no. I solved it by buying a 2070 Super.

On Mon., May 11, 2020, 12:05 p.m. proxtr3me, <amd-external@jiveon.com>

0 Likes
emtykax
Adept I

Update guys. I got in contact with my seller and he suggested that when the screen goes black.

press the "Num lock" key up to once or twice every second and take note of the indicator light above it.

If this flashes in response, this means that either the display cable, monitor or GPU are likely to be the cause.
If this does not flash, then this is called a No Post. we can then proceed to test other bits of hardware, for example, the RAM which would be a common issue for a No post and easily resolved.

Mine doesn't flash so i guess it's not a GPU issue?

I have the same problem here with Rx560. When my screen turned to black, I pushed the num lock button and the num lock light did respond it. But after a few seconds, it did not and my pc got freeze. I had to reset it by hold the power button.

0 Likes
proxtr3me
Adept I

New update.  With the msi after buner I changed the fan speeds and reduced the core clocks again to 1500 mhz and the memory clocl to 1900 mhz.
And I changed the speed of the fans, try to make the same configuration that I did.
I put in the general tab to always start with windows, so far I have been playing without a crash.fans.jpg
rock32
Adept II

I did try this, underpower my GPU, increase the fan speed. It not work with my situation, the crash still happened. I don't think it caused the crash as I could play Cod WZ with OC mode for a few hours before crashing. It crashed even when I opened only a chrome tab or do nothing.

0 Likes

HELLO IF YOU HAVE TEAMVIWER I CAN REVOLVE THIS PROBLEM! THROUGH THE

MSI AFTERBURNER I MET THIS TO PERFORM PERFECTLY, WARZONE GAME WITHOUT

CRASHS, ADD ME ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/ronaldo.raposo AND

THEN SEND MESSAGE

rock32 <amd-external@jiveon.com> escreveu no dia quarta, 20/05/2020 à(s)

06:08:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: New RX 590 crashes my PC. Buzzing sound then no signal. in Graphics

proxtr3me
Adept I

msi.jpg

Thanks for your help. I will try to under both clock and power with msi afterburner to see how it goes.

0 Likes