cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: New RX 590 crashes my PC. Buzzing sound then no signal.

Same graphic card: XFX RX590

Had the same problem after 6 months of installing, figured to how to solve them:

Problem No. 1: screen turning black after 1 hour of heavy gaming.

I didn't do any driver update since the installation of the card so I ruled out software problem at the very beginning. The RX 590 consumes a lot of power and it has 6+8 PCI-E ports. I used to connect these ports with my PSU using one 6x 6+2Pin PCI-E cable:

power.jpg

Later I used two of these cables to supply the power, one cable to 8 ports and the other connected to 6 ports, since then this "black out" problem is gone for me.

Problem No.2: screen turning black after starting the game:

Some resolution problem, I ran game in windowed mode and the problem is solved.

Hope this would help, good luck!

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thank you for your reply. I did actually run two separate cables like those from my PSU to the GPU, tried doing a clean install of the GPU and software to eliminate drivers, and have also tried running games in Windowed, Fullscreen, Exclusive Fullscreen, and didn't seem to have any luck no matter what I did. I did solve my problem though by purchasing an RTX 2070 Super, and haven't had any problems whatsoever. Wish it didn't come to that but it's an amazing card. 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Hi everyone.

I build my pc two week ago.

My build is:

MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
Ballistix 8 Gb (4x2) DDR4 2666Mhz
Ryzen 5 2600
XFX Fatboy RX 590
Itek Taurus GF650W
PNY SSD 120 Gb
WD 1Tb HDD

I have the same problem,casually the video signal disappear and the PC sound a long beep after this beep the pc turn off.

If i want to turn on the pc i must the turn off the PSU from I/O for 10 minutes and then i can start the PC.

If i use the headphones the beep sounds in the headphones.

I have already update the bios on the last version.

I don't know what i can do anymore.

Give me help please

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

With this build, do you by any chance have the memory overclocked or do you have the memory set higher to try to reach the speeds listed on the box? 

If so, I recommend putting the memory on auto and doing all your testing with the memory sticks at the bios default setting. After I ended up purchasing a 2070 card to remedy my problems with my Rx 590, I continued to have intermittent issues similar to what I experienced on the rx590 and realized it had to do with the memory clock speeds. 

Let me know if you find any relief

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Thanks for the answer.

I don't overclocked the memory i Always use the pc with the stock frequency of every components.

The only thing i have edit is the speed of the fan of the CPU and of the GPU.

Adept I
Adept I

I'm becoming mad,i don't do what i do.

Someone says to me to change motherboard,now you advise to me to change VGA.

In the case of VGA,i'd like to take the gtx 1660 that is in my budget.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

So, here are my findings, PC Specs at the bottom. Red Dead 2 is when I noticed and when their support treated me like I was an idiot I explored my options and ran across this thread. So with that game and others I have noticed now that it only resets my PC when I am in Full Screen. RDR2 automatically starts the game in Windowed Borderless and when I change to Fullscreen the game will make my system restart. I tried this with other games and it did not happen except once so far. I believe there is something wrong with these cards transitioning from Fullscreen applications back to windows. I only heard the squeeking or odd noise when starting Outer Worlds.

My PC is newly built this past October.

MSI B450 Tomahawk

Ryzen 3 3200G

Power Color RX590

Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz 2x8GB

600W Bronze Corsair

512 GB SSD

Adept I
Adept I

Are you using a hdmi to vga converter?hdmi to vga.jpg

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

do we have an update on this?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

I have changed my monitor and while using an hdmi or do cable.. The crashing is very rare now.. crashes If I try to launch csgo after the system is running for about 30 minutes.. Crashes if launch RSS using vulcan, Crashes while alt+tabbing on COD warzone and crashes after being shutdown by qBitTorrent ..

0 Kudos